Hello from Croatia

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mario

Reaction score
I'm riding 2017 model. Enjoyed it ,till few days ago when troubles started....

I'm riding 2017 model. Enjoyed it ,till few days ago when troubles started....

Welcome to the forum Mario!

Glad to hear you?ve been enjoying your S1000RR. What sort of riding do you enjoy?

With regard to the recent issues, what has happened?

Welcome to the forum Mario!

Glad to hear you?ve been enjoying your S1000RR. What sort of riding do you enjoy?

With regard to the recent issues, what has happened?

Hi Oli,

Short road trips 2-3 days are my favorite. Since I'm living in South Croatia we take rides to to Montenegro, Bosnia, Macedonia often.

last week I accounted an issue with my bike, a very mysterious issue. I thought I run out of oil, but at BMW service they said there was an oil but mixed with water????They have exchanged oil 4 times in row and run the engine every time they replaced the oil. Than they took a bike for a ride and apparently everything was fine, no traces of water in the oil at all. Its a huge mystery now for mechanics why water is not mixing with oil constantly if something was wrong with the engine, but it has been mixed only once? I was wondering if anyone experienced anything similar.
BMW Croatia is waiting for advice from Germany how to proceed...

Hey Mario welcome onboard.

In regards to the water in the oil, if it?s only happened once and you?ve had the bike a fair while, could someone have messed with your bike on a recent trip or even at home late at night or something like that?
Otherwise yes like you said they?d be water always in there if there was an issue in the engine etc.
Not nice to think about of course but you never know.

Hey Mario welcome onboard.

In regards to the water in the oil, if it?s only happened once and you?ve had the bike a fair while, could someone have messed with your bike on a recent trip or even at home late at night or something like that?
Otherwise yes like you said they?d be water always in there if there was an issue in the engine etc.
Not nice to think about of course but you never know.

I thought about that too.I had my bike in BMW shop for annual regular service in August,I drove it back home and parked it in garage.After a month I cleaned a chain and had a look on the oil window and cooling water.Everything seem to be fine.
Than next day I took it for a ride,made just about 30km when it happened.First thing I noticed was strange noise in the engine,it sounded like 2 cylinder bike,when I pulled the clutch engine stopped,i didn't dare to turn it on again.
Anyway I think I'm gonna ask BMW to send those mixed liquids to the lab,I believe they will be able to tell exactly what's in there.

Thanks for your reply's and comments guys...

Back