OE USB charging socket Gen4 part number

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SANDPIPER

Reaction score
So I traded my trusty 2018 Gen3 for a new Gen4 sport in Storm Black.

Page 222 of the owner?s manual refers to a USB charging socket does anyone happen to know the part number and what it looks like?

Using the connectivity with the motorcycle munches the battery on my iPhone and the charger is definitely a requirement for a day?s riding.

Some observations from the first 600 miles of running in which I am sure everyone has heard before:

Overall delighted with the bike it handles like a dream
Brakes feel more powerful than Gen3
More comfortable than the Gen3 by some margin (I?m 6ft2in)
Ride quality in Race mode is superb
MRA DB screen not as effective as its equivalent on the Gen3
Clutch requires determination to master and has embarrassed me a couple of times in crowded traffic (I don?t think anyone noticed)
I have an annoying oil leak which I think is coming from an oil cooler pipe, it drips from the front and back edges of the sump and first glance would lead one to suspect the sump drain plug washer but it isn?t - it is wet on the U bend of the oil cooler line near the oil filter.

how do you add photos?

e9c60d56-f9f8-4480-b220-6380d46f5712

You already have the storm black 2021? Nice! Let?s see the pics! [emoji16]

Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too am interested in the usb socket. Ive bought a quad lock for my phone and bike so now all I need is the USB to charge as I go

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thats stunning, I really wanted a black one but they hadn't announced them when I ordered mine and i don't think I could wait. Ill probably get a black one next as my plan is to chop mine in at 3 years old or whenever they offer me a good deal

I wish they had painted the prop stand black like on the Gen3. - I can sense a Hammerite session in the near future
n

That looks awesome in black, congratulations!
The clutch on my bike feels very 'grabby' when the bike is cold, once it has warmed up it feels fine, not sure if anyone else's is the same.

I've got used to mine now. I just wish I could bring the bit point closer. Someone on here said you can adjust it but I don't want to have a go in case I make it worse

Yes just order from the dealer.
Lind Norwich and Cotswolds are nice enough to give us a discount

- Alex

I'll xall them tomorrow. So basically just give them the number for the bracket and ask about the usb port and hopefully they'll have both

If you havent got it yet get the anti vibration pad for the quadlock before it breaks your phone. Free from quadlock

Did anyone get any joy in following this through? I?ll be looking to do the same if so - any pics of completed job would be great!

Back