Removal/refitting rear wheel

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan2evn

Reaction score
Morning guys, do you find removing and putting back on the rear tyre is a nightmare with how it catches on the brake calliper? Is there an easier way, or a kit you can buy to make it easier, something that doesn't brake the bank?

Yes, it's normal for bmw.

Captive spacers help aligning the holes, and makes it easier to get a disc into caliper. And it doesn't brake the bank.

The best solution is underslung caliper e.g. L74 kit. But it breaks the bank.

https://youtu.be/I2R0Q_uHgog

Spacers with a lip which locks behind your seals.. so they stay attached to the wheel when you remove the wheel...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

What are captive spacers? Not heard of those before.
This one
8df11cebd46a7406b969a23bc67f3b9c.jpg

I normally take pads out. The time it takes to do this is less than me flapping with the wheel.

Captive Caliper K67.JPG Try this amazing kit for the BMW S1000rr K67 Gen 4, from FORTIS RACING.
it makes the rear caliper completely captive and then it is a one handed pleasure to fit the rear wheel comes complete with captive chain adjusters and spindle puller.
Sold on a exchange basis for your standard caliper bracket at ?295.00 + vat.

As used by most of the top BMW Superstock Teams world wide.

www.fortisracing.co.uk or txt Dave on 07771 908460

Removal of the rear wheel, can be easy, with some aids and understanding. Captive spacers with chamfer edges are great, you do get spacers with the normal profile, so get the chamfer type. An axle cup helps with removal, by pulling, rather than tapping the bolt end with a rubber mallet. Lubricate axle with light oil, every time its removed. easily inserted and removed with lube, as we all know with the rear.

Back