Something being announced next week...(M1000RR)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something being announced next week...

I'd just like to take a moment to thank all the beta testers that got us here on your '19/'20 models [emoji13]

- Alex

You're welcome Alex haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Something being announced next week...

f21f871eadef70fb32f9dd075b89f08c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite the smoke, you can see its in a wind tunnel...which could just be because of the 'speed' element. But I think more likely its an aero package, specifically active aero, maybe this will be the M1000RR...

Or maybe its just them launching a paint job and a complete non-event.
- Alex

Checking out the updates for 2021 its as follows
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2020/08/02/2021-bmw-s-1000-rr-first-look-8-fast-facts-from-europe/

1. Euro 5 compliant

2. M GPS Laptrigger launched
(not enabled until December 2020 - so assumed to be retrofittable to all gen 4 ?)​

3. M Endurance chain
(no lube required; either factory option ?100 or retrofit circa ?268)​

4. Exhaust options.
Sports slip on
Full system from BMW (titanium only)​

5. Additional M Milled parts are available e.g folding breaks / clutch levers and the M Sport rear sets as a bundle.
From September onwards​

6. New "Sports" package on the bike that has the following three options bundled together from December 2020
a. M Endurance Chain
b. M GPS Laptrigger
c. USB charging port​

From the above list it looks like if there are any changes it would be a new model launch beyond the minor additions and no refresh (colour aside) for the Gen 4 S1000RR.

Decent updates for '21's normal models but I don't think these relate to tomorrow's reveal directly. Could be wrong but per @sam76 post I think the ///M is being announced. After all we knew about the chain/usb and that Euro5 had to be part of '21. The chain/USB is already an option on the configurator.

Decent updates for '21's normal models but I don't think these relate to tomorrow's reveal directly. Could be wrong but per @sam76 post I think the ///M is being announced. After all we knew about the chain/usb and that Euro5 had to be part of '21. The chain/USB is already an option on the configurator.

Have you just read this site -

https://www.motorcycle.com/mini-features/bmw-to-announce-higher-performance-s1000rr-on-sept-23.htm

[emoji23] You are on point with the M reveal !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I'd rather they called it the M-RR just because the 1000 is a given.

I recon a new M RACE

Nice to have something to speculate on in all honesty :) Bit of fun.

Would be better still if I had the spare ???'s for a deposit.

Don?t expect the M version to cost much less than 35K.
think my m sport will do just fine thanks

Daz

The power output of the engine raised to 212 hp and the DIN kerb weight is of only 192 kg. The M RR engine has extensive technical optimisations such as new 2-ring forged pistons from Mahle, adapted combustion chambers, compression increased to 13.5, longer and lighter titanium connecting rods from Pankl, slimmer and lighter rocker arms, fully machined intake ports with new duct geometry as well as optimisations on camshafts and intake area. The lightweight exhaust system is also made of titanium. The new M RR engine is even more powerful than the RR power train in the range from 6,000 rpm to 15,100 rpm, a range that is particularly relevant for race track driving dynamics, but without losing its qualities as a fascinating source of power for sporty driving on country roads.

The chassis of the new M RR is based on the RR with the bridge frame made of aluminium at its centrepiece. It has an optimised upside-down fork as well as a revised central spring strut with blue spring and Full Floater Pro kinematics. The primary objective of the chassis design was to achieve the best possible lap times on the race track. Special attention was paid to optimising drivability, the braking and anti-squat control as well as the best possible feeling of the driver for the front and rear wheel.

The M brakes are derived from the experience with the racing brakes in the World Superbike Championship and are providing ?maximum fading stability and controllability. Externally, the M brake callipers have a blue anodised coating in combination with the M logo.

The instrument cluster of the new M 1000 RR has the same basic design as the RR and has an M start animation. As part of the optional equipment, an activation code (contents of M competition package) can be used to provide comprehensive data material for the use of the M GPS laptrigger and M GPS data logger (Original BMW Motorrad Accessories) via the OBD interface of the instrument cluster.

M Competition Package - For those who are still not satisfied with the new M RR in standard trim, the M competition package provides a fascinating mixture of classy components for the racing technology gourmet and the aesthete at the same time. In addition to the M GPS laptrigger software and the corresponding activation code, the M competition package also includes the M milled parts package, the M carbon package as well as a silver 220 g lighter swinging arm, the friction- optimised, maintenance-free and DLC-coated M Endurance chain and the passenger package including tail-hump cover.

Blurb swiped from here: https://riders.drivemag.com/news/bmw-m1000rr-revealed-the-first-m-motorcycle/

Last edited:
Anyone else think this is what the M-Sport edition should have been from the start?
Guesses on cost? I'm thinking ?25k base and ?29k with the Competition Pack...but I fear I am deluded.

Seems a lot for only 5bhp.... I was kinda hoping for bigger power to at least help them in wsbk

It's the wings that are most important because it's a silhouette class. Then the internals. The weight and extra HP are just by products.

Last edited:
Back