Something being announced next week...(M1000RR)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
BMW on Instagram released this image the other day. https://www.instagram.com/p/CFPshzaDByU/?igshid=3upmgd8x81vk

Despite the smoke, you can see its in a wind tunnel...which could just be because of the 'speed' element. But I think more likely its an aero package, specifically active aero, maybe this will be the M1000RR...

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/bmw-developing-active-aero-does-it-hint-racier-bmw-s1000rr

Or maybe its just them launching a paint job and a complete non-event.

Credit to @bmwbadboy for pointing me at the 'gram.

fcf8e87ab6cfa0e5e85339e6e557fd33.jpg

- Alex

Last edited:
Something being announced next week...

From paddock sources the changes are rumoured to be an aerodynamics package and some engine internals that need to be homologated to address the power / top speed issues that the WSBK Team are having. Whilst the bike is extremely competitive in STK it?s getting annihilated on track in SBK specification.

Re: Something being announced next week...

Didn't BMW put a patent through a few years ago for Active aero? So do we think this bike will be far more extreme, something like we have seen with the Honda. Specifically designed to be even more competitive on track?

WSBK rules will allow active aero in 2021.

See the Visordown article above.

- Alex

I think BMW are the only manufacturer not to have a homologation "special". And it shows unfortunately. Even Aprilia are making noises about being allowed to run the 1100 RSV4!

I've heard it's a new quality control manager..................:D

I think BMW are the only manufacturer not to have a homologation "special". And it shows unfortunately. Even Aprilia are making noises about being allowed to run the 1100 RSV4!
What does Yamaha have? What does Kawa have?

kawa have the rr, strengthened engine casing and other bits,
500 units available ww? Doesn't sound like a homologated bike to me.

I get the V4R bit, I can buy it tomorrow and it's excellent. I get the point about Aprilia with 1100. But lots of winning manufacturers don't have anything powerful for wide market.

In my defence I did say "think". Yes you're right about yam but as pointed out Kawasaki have the RR which has special engine internals.
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious myself.

The RR ZX-10 has a lot of titanium in its engine.
R1M is a special edition too. Way more than the Motorsport version of the Gen4.

Interested to see what this is and if it has the snazzy gold BMW/Hayes brakes I've seen on the GS rofl

I'd just like to take a moment to thank all the beta testers that got us here on your '19/'20 models [emoji13]

- Alex

The RR ZX-10 has a lot of titanium in its engine.
R1M is a special edition too. Way more than the Motorsport version of the Gen4.

Interested to see what this is and if it has the snazzy gold BMW/Hayes brakes I've seen on the GS rofl

I'd just like to take a moment to thank all the beta testers that got us here on your '19/'20 models [emoji13]

- Alex
Disagree on r1m, looks to me same as M offering.

Is 500 unit a 2019 year makes RR homologated for WSBK?

If you zoom in on the original Instagram pic the nose appears to have WSBK livery, so your vid would seem to confirm that.

- Alex

If you zoom in on the original Instagram pic the nose appears to have WSBK livery, so your vid would seem to confirm that.

- Alex

cccb4fd11c0358068d9659dae0c82ded.jpg

bd1111986ef8c34280883f48314ef447.jpg

Seems it may also have wings

As the s1000rr only launched a year ago I am unsure how BMW will play this.
Perhaps a street legal HP4 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, by active aero, in post 1, I meant wings. There's certainly something dark at the front of the picture.

Back