Something being announced next week...(M1000RR)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my thinking too. The Gen 5 will be in development and I can't see them not applying things learned for MRR to it, just like the HP4 demonstrated developments that were a precursor to the Gen3.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

When does BMW usually announce new mods? At EICMA in Nov?

Yes but I expect it not till EOY '21 or '22. The LCI (facelift) for the '19 will be 3-4 years after the previous. Covid may have changed all the timelines.

Last edited:
Just rang and booked a service and still no news on the lap trigger. I did ask for a data logger though so wonder if description would help.
Anyone else looked further into one ?

2D M GPS Laptrigger / Datalogger

Just rang and booked a service and still no news on the lap trigger. I did ask for a data logger though so wonder if description would help.
Anyone else looked further into one ?

It was originally meant to be released in December 2020 but has been delayed until further notice. From what I?ve been told it will consist of a GPS mouse and datalogger which will both plug directly into the OEM wiring loom. It then has to be activated by an ECU unlock code which will only be available from BMW.

The only other information is linked below.

http://2d-datarecording.com/en/m-gps-laptrigger/

Alpha still aren't confirming.

I think it will be available in March...well thats what Lind Norwich think.

When I spoke to alpha Racing they confirmed what was in the kit (separate GPS mouse and datalogger) and the requirement for an ECU activation code. They also directed me to the 2D website linked above. I also spoke to two separate BMW dealerships who confirmed the delay but did not specify why. One stated it may be released in March 2021 whereas the other said it could be as late as June 2021. Pricing is still TBC as well.

For those interested the price of the 2D M GPS Laptrigger and M Datalogger is expected to be around ?800. Release date is still TBC. For the kit to work it has to be linked to your chassis number and will require both a software update and ECU enablement by BMW.

Re: 2D M GPS Laptrigger / Datalogger

For those interested the price of the 2D M GPS Laptrigger and M Datalogger is expected to be around ?800. Release date is still TBC. For the kit to work it has to be linked to your chassis number and will require both a software update and ECU enablement by BMW.
So over the top. Probably cancel the warranty for daring to have a lap timer [emoji2359]

The cost isn?t too dissimilar from buying the HP Datalogger and 2D Laptrigger separately for the previous model. What is absolutely ridiculous is that the latest version isn't plug and play.

Thats a big ass piece of kit! Install is crazy and of course irrelevant to everyone with race fairings :)

Neevesy was definitely the more informative of the two :)

The twin throttle bodies/Cylinder on his race bike is really interesting. There are a few videos he's done on his Prime factors racing that goes into further detail.

It's in the std model but only tuneable via the M RCK...I think RS2E were going to add it to their std ECU map in the future, but I'm not sure if that will be switchable or not.

Interesting video, I've watched the Neevesy one and enjoyed it. Will watch the other one later.

Back