Something being announced next week...(M1000RR)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though it makes sense to use non-DDC forks for the WSBK, BSB teams etc. I'd imagine someone who buys this bike and then finds out it has the bog standard forks they would feel hard done by. This bike is starting to look very expensive when you put it up against the V4R which is Ohlins equipped.
Exactly my thoughts

My personal opinion is it's 5k too expensive. And it would have been nice if they ditched stuff like the heated grips, cruise control etc. It really isn't needed or a selling point on a bike like this.

My personal opinion is it's 5k too expensive. And it would have been nice if they ditched stuff like the heated grips, cruise control etc. It really isn't needed or a selling point on a bike like this.

M Clipons (and paraphernalia) and top yoke - they missed a trick.

Last edited:
This is the bit that will be hard to replicate with non-M1000's.

In the area of suspension geometry, extensive changes have been made to the M RR for the focused application of the M RR. For example, the steering head angle is now slightly flatter at 66.4?, compared to the RR. The offset of the fork bridges has been reduced by 3 mm to 26.5 mm. Accordingly, the after-run of 93.9 mm of the RR has been extended to 99.8 mm for the M RR. At the same time, the wheelbase has been extended to 1,457 mm. The length of the new, single-piece rear wheel swinging arm with beams is 618.3 mm (RR: 606.6 mm). The enhanced adjustability of the swinging arm?s pivot point is due to the field of application on the race track and the frequently necessary adjustments of the suspension geometry. The adjustment range now has the +/- 1 mm range and includes the values -2 mm/-1 mm /0 mm /+1 mm/+ 2 mm.

This is the bit that will be hard to replicate with non-M1000's.

In the area of suspension geometry, extensive changes have been made to the M RR for the focused application of the M RR. For example, the steering head angle is now slightly flatter at 66.4?, compared to the RR. The offset of the fork bridges has been reduced by 3 mm to 26.5 mm. Accordingly, the after-run of 93.9 mm of the RR has been extended to 99.8 mm for the M RR. At the same time, the wheelbase has been extended to 1,457 mm. The length of the new, single-piece rear wheel swinging arm with beams is 618.3 mm (RR: 606.6 mm). The enhanced adjustability of the swinging arm?s pivot point is due to the field of application on the race track and the frequently necessary adjustments of the suspension geometry. The adjustment range now has the +/- 1 mm range and includes the values -2 mm/-1 mm /0 mm /+1 mm/+ 2 mm.

Alex, I?m interested in the info you have on the Gen 4 vs M1000RR. Do you have a link? Thanks, J

Works on my laptop. Might not on Tapatalk. I can try to add it again.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Is it just me that feels a little cheated.
Thought I bought the M last year.

I agree, the msport was a package on the rr, whereas the new bike is a new bike. Unfortunately that means it must be raid the piggybank time?

Last edited:
Whilst I totally get it. It does follow the car branding.

M-Sport is a trim.
M$ is a model.

I wish they dropped the '1000'.

Last edited:
Its my first bmw. And i bought what was sold and marketed as an M sport. Had i know it was an imposter and another (genuine) M was to be released I might have waited. In vein though as I couldn't afford it anyway.
Im happy with what i have just feel a bit duped as I never heard anything of another M being released at the time I put my deposit down.

Allegedly the dealers weren't in the loop till release day. HP4-RACE was the same.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wouldn?t buy one even if I had the money to, the M is a track bike, as I don?t do track it?s a pointless bike for me. For the track aye a can see the attraction for the road there is none imo

Daz

Back