Something being announced next week...(M1000RR)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
44 Teeth basically confirmed it's ?35k for the M1000RR Comp Pack, which is the one to get really if you're in the market for this type of race bike.

Looks as though it's a conventional suspension set up instead of DDC which could put some people off having it as a road bike.

Looks as though it's a conventional suspension set up instead of DDC which could put some people off having it as a road bike.

The other thing is the clutch is supposed to be heavier according to 44 Teeth, so this will put road users off somewhat as well I guess. It's clear it is very much race and track focused, I sincerely hope they actually start winning some races now.

Will they use the new bike in the current WSBK season or do they have to wait for the next season?

As with every bike in the past, 3 years down the line, the technology will be on the base bike bar the carbon. HP4 then the Gen 3 came out with better electronics and better chassis/engine. J

As with every bike in the past, 3 years down the line, the technology will be on the base bike bar the carbon. HP4 then the Gen 3 came out with better electronics and better chassis/engine. J

The electronics package offered is already the same between the Gen 4 and this M1000

No difference to the Rider Modes & the GPS options will be available from December to fit to the Gen 4 [emoji106]

It?s becoming less of a jump than ever before. No wonder when the stock bike is still ?16k + [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dont think bmw are too worried about what most of us think about it, they will sell enough to get it to the race teams and thats all we and they need to do. :)

spot on, all they need to do is to homologate it for FIM

IMO Development will start as soon as FIM approve the homologation. No point wasting time with old bike.

Apparently forks internals are identical to non DDC gen4 version.

Nissin calipers are 108mm, so not compatible with other versions.

Makes sense everyone bins them so why fit anything else. PDF talks about rake and trail changes (forks pushed forwards for better braking stability) I am interested in whether these changes are transferable to non-M1000's along with the swing arm changes.

But hopefully they work well enough not to warrant replacing! Seems they were very concerned with reducing fade. Nissin probably insisted on the change to use something 'off the peg'.

Makes sense everyone bins them so why fit anything else. PDF talks about rake and trail changes (forks pushed forwards for better braking stability) I am interested in whether these changes are transferable to non-M1000's along with the swing arm changes.

But hopefully they work well enough not to warrant replacing! Seems they were very concerned with reducing fade. Nissin probably insisted on the change to use something 'off the peg'.
I wonder if it's because of not compatible ECU and DDC.

Regardless, fitting average Marzocchi to 30k bike and not even have an option for Ohlins like V4R is utterly unwise.

Even though it makes sense to use non-DDC forks for the WSBK, BSB teams etc. I'd imagine someone who buys this bike and then finds out it has the bog standard forks they would feel hard done by. This bike is starting to look very expensive when you put it up against the V4R which is Ohlins equipped.

Back