Something being announced next week...(M1000RR)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the purpose of this is to only homologate wings and engine for WSBK. BMW is desperate.

On side note, imagine what happens in the minds of HP4 Race owners thinking their out of dated bike will still keep it's value.

Last edited:
Anyone else think this is what the M-Sport edition should have been from the start?
Guesses on cost? I'm thinking ?25k base and ?29k with the Competition Pack...but I fear I am deluded.

I?m hoping your deluded on price or I?ve just wasted 20k+ on a bike that?s outdated in less then 5 months of ownership. I?m hoping hp4 race money! I won?t be happy if it is 25k

I?m hoping your deluded on price or I?ve just wasted 20k+ on a bike that?s outdated in less then 5 months of ownership. I?m hoping hp4 race money! I won?t be happy if it is 25k
M1000RR $36,100
M1000RR Competition (carbon) $40,900

Anyone else think this is what the M-Sport edition should have been from the start?
Guesses on cost? I'm thinking ?25k base and ?29k with the Competition Pack...but I fear I am deluded.

BMW seems to have played this just like their car division. The current M Sport is exactly like the car divisions M Sport line up.

S1000RR -
base i.e. BMW 540i

S1000RR M Sport - choice upgrades / colours and tweaks for minor bump performance (battery for weight, carbon wheels) -
BMW 540i M Sport

M1000RR - totally new power train, braking upgrades, aero bodywork upgrades -
BMW M5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

?35000 is the maximum a bike can cost to be used in WSBK.

I don't think the upgrades are enough to warrant that

- Alex

Last edited:
?35000 is the maximum a bike can cost to be used in WSBK.

I don't think the upgrades are enough to warrant that

- Alex

Yeah fully agree, engine upgrades are nice, but don't really cost 10k extra

Winglets on OEM fairings are useless as no-one in their sane mind would ever use it on track.

You can configure it now on the Motorrad website, ?30k base model that literally looks like a msport with lots of stickers added by a child IMO

I generally hope the changes made make it a winning formula. The engine is really where it has had extensive work, Forged pistons, Ti con rods, machined intake ports, changes to the intake cam. This should make a very good base for teams to work with.

The one thing i don't get is in slip on exhaust? I am sure you can buy that already (PN 77111541246). What would be nice is if you are buying an homologated special is you also got a nice box with a full system to bolt on to. Similar to what MV did with the F800 and 675 RC. I think even back in the day you could get a 748 SP with a race ECU and Full system?

100% I wish there was a track ready option - binned Euro5, road gubbins and optimised mapping for a straight through system. But I expect they see that as politically and environmentally insensitive.

Back