Your other guilty pleasure.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is awesome! I am tempted to go down this route and build a bike. (I've got a bit of mechanical experience) I partially restored a K4 GSXR600 for a friend that was sitting in my garage for 2 years. He had been going through a rough time. I thoroughly enjoyed that and fancy another challenge.

Whats anyones opinion on one of these...

Circa 150 brake, by all accounts a lovely bike to ride and fast, beautifully painted and machined parts are awesome on it. Cupar Suzuki/MV have one on their floor, seen it Saturday there.

4dcd7cf677c430c2732fcfd46897e216.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Probably brilliant, when working.
Would love one...as a 3rd bike.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yea I almost bought it on the day, still considering it, however I prefer this colour. The trade off... it's already 3 years old, comes with 12 mts aftermarket warranty. Its 2 grand cheaper tho. Done less than 800 miles, not a mark on it.. hmmmmm.

The darker colour model I can get for 16 grand.

5687aed958b37cc202b7aa96f9de9fea.jpg

Last edited:
Whats anyones opinion on one of these...

Circa 150 brake, by all accounts a lovely bike to ride and fast, beautifully painted and machined parts are awesome on it. Cupar Suzuki/MV have one on their floor, seen it Saturday there.

4dcd7cf677c430c2732fcfd46897e216.jpg

Lovely bike, perfect balance of power and nimbleness. However, not paying for paint, machining, waaaay over priced!
There is a huge gap in the market here though, I was hoping the new Daytona 765 would be a realistic option but that?s a stock room special, and a disappointment too having seen a couple up close.
I?d buy a good well thought out middleweight again, either a 3 or a 4 cylinder. But, where to go? I?m hoping Japan will solve my problem! (Still love the gen3 though for now)

Got to say I?ve always fancied one of the new patons. Prices seem crazy, from 14-41grand so far!

Love them and seriously considered one after my Daytona. It was just a standard F800 though.

I spent a bit of time on a 2015 model. Handled so well and felt very special. The fuelling was a bit hit and miss and the quick shifter didn't shift if it got wet. Actually it just didn't work until it dried out. But the latest models have had that all sorted and the QC at MV is much improved. But the handling is amazing, sound is amazing and still one of the most stunning bikes.

If you can, i would go the for latest model, the bike had a heap of updates to make it just a much more capable and reliable machine. And if i remember correctly the RC comes with a SC exhaust, ECU and race kit (Blanking plates etc) All in a very gucci wooden box?

That is awesome! I am tempted to go down this route and build a bike. (I've got a bit of mechanical experience) I partially restored a K4 GSXR600 for a friend that was sitting in my garage for 2 years. He had been going through a rough time. I thoroughly enjoyed that and fancy another challenge.
It kept me sane during lockdown, I even fitted and wired a new loom which was very therapeutic
it?s unbelievably slow after getting off the s1k but surprisingly turns a lot of heads and is noisy as hell ??

Lovely bike, perfect balance of power and nimbleness. However, not paying for paint, machining, waaaay over priced!
There is a huge gap in the market here though, I was hoping the new Daytona 765 would be a realistic option but that?s a stock room special, and a disappointment too having seen a couple up close.
I?d buy a good well thought out middleweight again, either a 3 or a 4 cylinder. But, where to go? I?m hoping Japan will solve my problem! (Still love the gen3 though for now)
Yea, it is pricey, but therein lies the desire to own and have something not a lot own.

I made enquiries about the new ZX25R what a tool that is..https://youtu.be/cl0EFLUH87E

Guy laughed at me on phone, no chance of it coming to UK.

Love them and seriously considered one after my Daytona. It was just a standard F800 though.

I spent a bit of time on a 2015 model. Handled so well and felt very special. The fuelling was a bit hit and miss and the quick shifter didn't shift if it got wet. Actually it just didn't work until it dried out. But the latest models have had that all sorted and the QC at MV is much improved. But the handling is amazing, sound is amazing and still one of the most stunning bikes.

If you can, i would go the for latest model, the bike had a heap of updates to make it just a much more capable and reliable machine. And if i remember correctly the RC comes with a SC exhaust, ECU and race kit (Blanking plates etc) All in a very gucci wooden box?
Yea, a grand secures it, he'll keep it to March and register it as 21 plate...but...that brings into play next year's model, two MV dealers so far have no idea what its going to look like, theres strong indications of a new electronics package..TFT, cornering ABS and some other stuff..hmmmm again !

The last paragraph is spot on... the race kit is an extra 2k which is included from Cupar.. the wooden box is something else...heres whats in it..https://youtu.be/9NvXDnhY2Xc

731970010478c72c2eaf5b9efe51e5de.jpg

Last edited:
Bought... picking it up on Saturday.. 780 miles, totally unmarked, comes with the all factory goodies, paperwork etc.. No latitude on price but managed a pair of 2CTs, those Pirellis don't do it for me, he'll fit them to a trade in or whatever....and 4ltrs Power 1 and filter to take away, no point in changing oil just now.

This model is so desirable due to the colours... not sure if reg is included as owner may want to retain it..
4237889ebc5894e6245c981c76b922f4.jpg
7d36c27d557eda99f7e52a2954c6ec42.jpg
d5a56abef3cb4b9e263db3b5f6c81380.jpg
e5b58840b28c64aa96ccd5ac7a919196.jpg
4068549fb85829746d3028d7d07feeca.jpg
40648d7fc0c4dcb3ae19773dd63c4082.jpg
689662fc05b23961af989530ae8a248e.jpg
316f72748d356fcb15ba7b0b850d5cfb.jpg

Back