Your other guilty pleasure.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavD101

Reaction score
I am just wondering how many RR owners have a 2nd bike?

I have been toying with the idea of a 2nd bike. Something completely different to the RR. At the moment I have on loan an R Nine T while my RR is having some work done. I got to say it is a fun bike to ride and does make me chuckle when you push it. But it also makes me realise how good the Gen 4 RR is as a road bike.

I kinda like the idea of a more relaxed bike for the more relaxed rides. But then i also enjoy a bit of off-road, so i maybe an Enduro for winter could be fun. I used to ride a lot of Motocross and took a break from it then thought i'd get myself another back into it. However it didn't last long after my knee reminded me why i stopped. So maybe an Enduro isn't a good idea haha.

Anyway, I am interested to hear if you guys have a 2nd bike , what it is and why you like it.

Hi Gav, hope you well buddy. As discussed on our recent meeting at Donny, my other bike is a Triumph Bonneville T100. Just for those chill out relaxed rides where everything doesn't need to be a blur! Plus I can take my 8 year old daughter pillion and she's really liking that :). Totally different bike but I wanted something with a retro look and feel and it ticks all those classic boxes for me.

Hi Gav, hope you well buddy. As discussed on our recent meeting at Donny, my other bike is a Triumph Bonneville T100. Just for those chill out relaxed rides where everything doesn't need to be a blur! Plus I can take my 8 year old daughter pillion and she's really liking that :). Totally different bike but I wanted something with a retro look and feel and it ticks all those classic boxes for me.

I hear you there, those chilled rides need something less hectic. And for me having the option for a pillion would be great, as i would like to take my wife out.

Chopped in the rr for now so not sure if I count? Currently have a GSA1250 and a 1994 BMW K75RT stripped down and modded.

fb100407d463f663554e957853ee628c.jpg

33af38bcdbd135c4256494e039a1dc3a.jpg

Chopped in the rr for now so not sure if I count? Currently have a GSA1250 and a 1994 BMW K75RT stripped down and modded.

fb100407d463f663554e957853ee628c.jpg

33af38bcdbd135c4256494e039a1dc3a.jpg

Yeah it can count :) That R75 looks sweet. Did you do that yourself? Must admit i have been looking at R65 onwards, ready built cafe racers or even projects.

Still got the KTM 1290 Super Duke GT as my other bike. Great for touring (especially for the tank range and luggage carrying capacity) but not too shabby as far as speed and twisty-handling capabilities go :excitement: Oh, and the heated seat is fab when temperatures drop to zero!

Currently have S1000R as my 'relaxed' bike... Very happy with upright position as a change to the RR, without losing too much power... R9T would be a good shout though

Used to have K1300S for touring, and F800ST before that when I had to commute a lot.

I rarely ride on the roads but sometimes put mirrors and plate on and go for a cheeky blast then realise these are too mental for the road lol
I do have a WR450 for Greenlaning but not used it since moving north a year ago. Living on the Peak District's doorstep now so defo getting that side sorted soon

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah it can count :) That R75 looks sweet. Did you do that yourself? Must admit i have been looking at R65 onwards, ready built cafe racers or even projects.

I have done some bits but most of it has thankfully been done by professionals.

I like the r9t and nearly bought one a couple of months ago. They go for not much money 2nd hand.

edit - its a K75 not an R. Referred to as the flying brick due to the engine positioning sideways, the K75 is the 3 cylinder 700cc engine.

Last edited:
My much documented widowmaker.. Gen1 10R...Track cum Road bike.
946515af8acacda705027f2527eab3e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

First sports bike as a 2nd bike! I really like the idea of mid 80s Japanese sport bike, something like a GSXR 750 Slab side. But they seem to be increasing in prices.

Had 3 slabbies back in the day all 1100s last 2 were 1st in UK with usd forks...they caused a stir when you parked up

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'm also fortunate to have three now, I'm essentially re-living my youth with an original R1 4XV, and recently acquired during lockdown - 92' RWB Fireblade RRN.

Would also love a little VFR400 (NC30). Mainly for the looks, something about those 80s twin round headlights.

Back