Update on my M Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countcatula

Reaction score
So..... Update on my 1894 mile S1000rr M sport, as you all.know it went kapput last week. BMW tried to say it was contaminated fuel that I had put in, and that I would be charged to drain the tank etc (?100 plus!!!)... I indicated it couldn't be the fuel as the fault only showed itself underload. They stated that there were no codes recorded so they indicated fuel issue!!! I told them to get the bike idling and up to temperature, the checks show as ok... Then said to them to rev it to 8k and lo and behold the engine management message came up!!! Also I stated that right hand side was cool so think it coil pack... They proceeded to drain tank change lines etc and put new fuel in.... Problem still there!!! They then spoke to Germany and they said it is a known fault of the coil pack going, back ordered for 7-10 working days... FFS! Asked them whole bike is with them to also update software and they won't as my bike doesn't flag it up as a priority!

The moral of the story is... Don a mickey BMW technician suit and diagnose problems through s1000rr UK Owners forum and charge ?100 an hour plus vodka and tonic haha

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

BMW did a Software Update for me free of charge while bike was with them, no issues and no questions asked as to why I want it. If it's available then you should be able to have it. I was told the new update gets rid of some software glitches which can cause ECU error messages appearing on the dash.

Back