Return of the RR - Gen 4 M Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westy

Reaction score
Good morning all,
I am due to pick up an M Sport by the end of the month - post finishing ownership ofmy Gen 3 RR unfortunately back in 2017.
It's great to read all the information provided so far by Gen 4 owners which answers most of my questions!

I have been told by the dealership that this bike is a Euro 4 and that any sold next year will be Euro 5 (new cat that is heavier plus ECU map to Euro 5).

• Is anyone else aware of this? Apparently unsold bikes are going back to Germany for the Euro5 amendment.
For anyone's benefit I can say I think I had a fantastic deal. It's including panel ceramic coating and the radiator guards being fitted - with a super special allowance discount coming to a lesser price than specing up the S1000RR Sport with theadditional packages.... Happy to PM the price. Less than Autotrader used prices!!

The insurance (noting I'm 28) is also coming out at just over ?800 fully comp for 5,000miles with BeMoto on their Titanium package.

Great news, glad you?re back in the saddle.
Thank you - I was very close to springing on your bike at AJ :eek:nthego:. I was meant to be looking at a bike next year however the "Special Allowance" to help the dealer hit September targets knocked enough off to tempt me :disillusionment:

Nice to see you back. Congrats on the purchase.
Cheers Alex. I've been reading through the forum posts and again you're still onto of the helpful and accurate advise :encouragement:

What dealer are you getting the S1000rr from?
Hi Greenstar. It's from Williams Manchester.
They've been super helpful including sourcing a Pillion swap plus ceramic coating + free radiator guards for the bike despite a huge knockoff! If you need anymore details please PM me :surprise:

The bug has already bitten:

• GB Racing Secondary Engine Cover Set,
  • GB Racing Paddock stand bobbins,
  • Metzeler M9RR (after super enjoying the M7RR without warmers on the Superduke 1290R at Silverstone and Brands GP)
  • Stompgrips + BMW Tank Pad
  • TFT Cover (BMW's own ouch ?)

Next on the list: Front fork spindle then hide my bank balance from my lass whilst looking at adjustable rearsets and levers

Glad you've made the right choice and jumped back on a Beemer, think you'll love the gen 4

Thanks Budgie,
I enjoyed it enough the first weekend to manage 9 hours total on the bike running it in !

All booked in for 9th October for First Service + M Sport Chain Tensioners to be fitted.
https://www.bahnstormer.co.uk/product/m-chain-tensioner/

Photo's from:
  • Williams Mcr moments after arriving
  • Garage showing trip over last Saturday / Sunday

• Garage mounted on the BMW stands I had from my last Gen 3

IMG-4990.jpg
IMG-5027.jpg
IMG-5064.jpg

Those M Sport Chain Tensioners are a pain to adjust, i have them and think i should have bought others

Back