That's me done with bikes

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toan the Moan

Reaction score
After a serious off on my S1000RR track bike at Craners at Donington and 17 days In Hospital, I'm done with bikes. When I'm well enough I'll be sorting the lot to sell and starting my new safe hobby of Crochet, sewing and exteeme knitting. Stay safe.
PS The bike is fine just a little CRC fairing damage to one side looks like I sacrificed myself to save the bike.

Sorry to hear you've been through the wars, 17 days sounds like it was pretty serious, any long term implications?

- Alex

Glad all good with you mate. Being in hospital is awful, been there myself.

Sewing is fun too, heard you can buy aftermarket carbon sewing machine.

ps.

Was it on a trackday or race weekend ?

Sorry to read this, sounds pretty bad, but good luck with the sewing, watch them needles!

Thats a big decision Toan, an off resulting in 17 days in hospital is pretty sobering, probably make most of us reassess our lives.

You'll need something to fill your time that satisfies an adrenaline rush to stop you going mad lol..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Am very sorry to hear of your crash and hospital stay [emoji17]
I wish you the fullest of recoveries and all the best in whatever hobbies you pursue going forwards.

Be well,

Oli

Was only a relaxed Focused events trackday, just taking it easy with the covid crisis, probably wouldn't have happened had I been on it, only myself to blame did the classic Craners crash.Usually the ri

Pressed the wrong button and posted half the post here's what I tried to post
Was only a relaxed Focused events trackday, just taking it easy with the covid crisis, probably wouldn't have happened had I been on it, only myself to blame did the classic Craners crash. Usually the rider rolls tumbles and slides along the grass and then gets up, the bike normally somersaults end over end and is is destroyed.

In my case it was the other way round. Broke every single rib bar one in multiple places and fractured my hip in 3 places. Plus a collapsed lung and associated soft tissue damage. I have plates holding my rib cage back together. I was expecting some pain relief a pain killer or two and be sent home. Ended up with emergency surgery and 17 days of morphine and ketomine and free board. The pain was immense for weeks I am now officially a Junkie free on the NHS.

Bike however is remarkably fine with light panel damage on the left side only, 10 mins with some tank tape and I could have been out again had I not sacrificed myself.
I will recover it's been 12 weeks now and I am mobile thanks to rehab and physiotherapy and can now wipe my own arse lol

That's tough mate, you are very strong to survive all this.

What's the classic Craners crash? Low-side in right hander?

Low side or high side on the left hander as you transition from right to left. I was high side but the bike low sided after it launched me

https://youtu.be/LoeLoUh5KtA That's what normally happens at Craners in my case I was the motor bike in that video lol
Not surprised your looking for a new hobby that is a shit load of pain to be dealing with.The positive is your around to tell the grandkids hope you make a full recovery fella.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Really sorry to hear of your crash and hospital stay. I hope that your rehab goes well. Can fully understand why you're re-assessing bikes as a pastime.
Take care. Rob

Back