Garmin Zumo 590

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

Was offered a Garmin 590 at a price too good to refuse.

Looking for options to mount. I guess the only place to mount is just below the key

8ef87235adf88c8dc73b4d09917433e2.jpg

How about power? I could wire to to main batter but recall a ?nippy device??? That plugs into the loom?

I normally use the wunderlich tank bag so want to make sure it does not impede.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you mount it at the fork stem and want to use the Wunderlich bag at the same time, I would recommend getting one of the stem extenders from a company like Ultimate Addons or Ram mounts, as gives additional clearance.

Edit: just seen the stem extender is pictured in the photo.

For power, Nippy Norman?s do an adaptor for the can bus power port by the left hand fairing panel. Alternatively, you can hardwire directly into this port, which is what I had done on my Gen 3.

Last edited:
8432dabafaad6ee6fe45a3e640c162a4.jpg

That?s the right one. I seem to remember that the instructions for wiring are a bit vague as you only need 2 of those leads. 1 was easy to identify from the plug markings but the other is lucky dip, think it was the ground.
Works well when done though and is transportable to a new bike.

I think i might have this cable still in its bag unused. I will check tomorrow and let you know amit.

Fitted the cable that Soof had supplied. Plugged straight in by the right hand side near the horn. However when testing for power, I got power coming back from both. So used one for power and earthed a separate one to the bolt where the horn is. Now have power when key is in and stays on for 10 seconds when key is out.

Just awaiting Ram extension so it will then sit just above the tank bag (as advised by Oli)

BMA000160V.jpg

[h=2]BMW Motorrad Genuine Motorcycle Repair Connector 3 Pole 611656 8330 0413585[/h]For repairing main wiring harness.
Commonly used to power non BMW GPS (sat nav) from power supply on harness.
Simply attach to wires on power lead supplied with GPS and plug in! Use leads 1 (earth) and 3 (power) and ignore lead 2 (speed pulse not required for non BMW systems) - leads are numbered.

Latest posts

Back