Decat and headers replacement

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanyboy78

Reaction score
yo guys. Got an 11 stock with a huuuuge cat but Akro slip on. Looking to remove the cat an replace the headers, basically get the full exhaust system. Done this many times on previous bikes but this is my first BMW. What complications am i going to find? Will it just be a sway and remap?

Only thing to be aware of is re the servo motors for the exhaust valve(s), you can either remove the cables taking care not to rotate the servo plate in the process (otherwise this results in a warning light), or remove the servo completely using a HealTech Servo Eliminator Module. I would do the latter personally.

I believe the secondary air system can be completely removed on the Gen 1 RR, using the Alpha Racing block off plates, without any dash level errors.

I would definitely get the bike remapped after.

If the bike is out of warranty, you can consider going down the ECU flash route for remapping and this would therefore negate the need for the servo eliminator module [emoji846]

Back