Too quiet !!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don?t think he was implying that loud pipes are ?needed? to be safe on the road, merely that when travelling at slow speeds people will be more aware of your presence.
Obviously good observation and RoadCraft is first and foremost, but I do fully agree with the mantra that not everyone is perfect so every little helps.
Furthermore, this issue of noise actually prompted regulation changes for electric cars, as they initially made no noise at slow speed and now have to by law produce a sound at slow speed, in the name of road safety. So personally I do feel there is a legitimate road safety point for full systems.

That being said, I personally don?t like very loud exhausts on public roads, as I find it a bit anti-social. There is also the issue of attracting unwanted attention from the Police, particularly if they can hear you coming from literally miles away lol.

In my opinion, full systems, with long silencers and a baffle fitted, strike a nice balance between character and civility.

But it is of course all personal preference [emoji846]

Exactly that, thanks for clarifying to the group ??

I do get totally p**sed with loud pipes, more often than not from people on single 125?s with absolutely no silencer at all! The roads around my area are busy, and the ridiculous noise at all times of night is very anti-social. There are the occasional screaming IL4?s, and that lovely cross plane bark from the R1?s etc that stand out, but even so, fk off at 1am and stop waking me up! I personally see no reason to change ANYTHING from std. Noise is important to get some feedback about where the bike is within its rev range, but the std bike and the induction noise gives that in spades. I think that if you feel that you need a loud pipe to be safe, you?re fooling yourself. Nobody cares about anyone else out there, you have to assume that everyone is out to bump you off. Defensive riding is the only way to go imo, shame, but there you go. It also pi**ses me off when people cut out the cat and stick 2 fingers up to the spirit of the intended emission regulations. I can see that working if you have no ??? and your original exhaust is not working, but from new/functioning fine?
I found out the other day that there is an ?eco? box to be ticked if you take the ROSPA test, it?s all about the gear you?re in etc. But not to do with the exhaust!
Having said that, I can see a mainly track bike that is used on the road will need some allowance, but ride accordingly!
Still love that sound on the track though, bring it on!

The 125cc bikes with no silencers etc sound horrendous, extremely annoying.

No reason at all for noise pollution at 1am!!

I don?t think a modern/new bike with full system is excessively noisy unless it?s at full chat.

The full system from austin racing with stubby can and baffle in is 105db which is same as stock ducati v4.

Nice looking system and gives the bike a nice sound without being to anti social.

I've just watched the 44 teeth super bikes review. Spoiler alert - the BMW wins hands down - quote - "it just gets on with it without all the willy waving noise". Made me smile.

Back