Anyone use RaceChrono Timing App?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePeps

Reaction score
I?m a bit confused with it being accurate?!

I managed to record one session on my GoPro with the app running and it was about right to what my camera says, and top speed in the right ballpark to what the dash was saying.

Then as I got faster it didn?t seem to quite tally up, especially the top speeds it was recording. I was over 150mph on the speedo which is probably 140 something in GPS terms but the fastest it recorded was 126?
I?ve got my phone mounted on the tail piece with perfect GPS signal so why does it seem less accurate as I got quicker?!

I've used racechrono for years and found it to be very, very close to transponder timing. Are you using an external GPS source? If you are just using the phones internal GPS then that might be your issue.

I'm happy with my slower times as they match the gopro footage pretty well, but just doesn't seem to have registered the much higher speeds from later in the day.
The phone is in a waterproof case screwed to the tail piece so is in full view for GPS signal.

Just wondered if anyone else had a similar thing! I'm back at Cadwell Monday and know it a lot better so will put it through the paces and hopefully get a better idea.

Your phone GPS is 1Hz meaning the accuracy of your phone is 1sec in worst case scenario, which is a lot. Try to use a 10Hz external GPS and have a 1/10sec accuracy which is enough for us mortals.

as above,the external units are far better q/starz make some very good cheap ones and log at at least 10hz,just pair with our phone over bluetooth and away you go.

Ok thanks, looks like something to add to the list then. What?s the cheapest option?!

Well most of the times the cheapest is not going to be a solution.
I used to work with this one http://racing.qstarz.com/Products/BT-Q818XT.html . I have it for many years (>8) and my brother use it now. It is reliable with excellent battery and works perfect with RaceChrono.

Cheers mate.

I?m just after a reasonable cheap option, I don?t race so just want something that?s reasonably reliable to track my progress, spending ?400 on an aim solo would just mean 1 less trackday unfortunately!

thats not an aim solo,thats the cheap option.can pick them up for ?50 on ebay

Cheers mate.

I?m just after a reasonable cheap option, I don?t race so just want something that?s reasonably reliable to track my progress, spending ?400 on an aim solo would just mean 1 less trackday unfortunately!

AIM Solo especially DL is a very good solution but if you do not want to spend a lot of money then the link I gave you is for a GPS 10Hz that might cost less than 80 pounds.

Hi!!

And for data logging??
I tryed to use obdlink lx and it conectes but no data received via obd and no data recived via obd canbus.

Today i was trying to get data on my s1000rr 2015, with an obdlink lx, but there was no way. It connects via obd can bus, I test the connection and fine, but within the session it does not open any channel or receive data.

I was looking at the table of this link to put manually all the canbus channels I want
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...uP8v2dzQDq9ohHjUiTU3isqdc/edit#gid=1756716432

but I am unable to put the channels manually and then read them. Has anyone got it? thanks.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9T Pro mediante Tapatalk

Back