Bike down! :(

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r25sti

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
well im sure it comes to everyone at some time and last sunday was my turn. heading back to newtown powys and came to a left hand bend. i only do this road maybe twice a year so dont know it at all. as i came round and the road started to straiten up i was almost upright i didn't see the patch of gravel across the centre of the road. normally i would have been a little further over to right but didn't fancy a larger car taking off my head coming other way. really dont think i was doing much more than 60. in fact i recon nearer 50mph. came from under a lot of trees to an open patch and i think this is why i didn't see the gravel. i had been avoiding gravel and pointing it out to my missis behind and other mates all day. anyway the front stepped right had a little shake and in literally a blink of the eye the bike and myself were sliding down the road. i went about 20 yards of which i tihkn i must have hit the other verge and come back onto the road. meanwhile i could still hear the bike sliding on down to about 40 yards from start. oh well least nothing was coming other way as this would be different reading. frame damage and engine dumping all its liquid is probably the worst. (whats peoples opinions on weather its a write off or not. carbon wheels too?) anyway heres a few pics of corner, gravel, policeman taking pictures of gravel and bike:(

oh and me.lol. 3 cracks in pelvis, broken rib, fractured sternum and a small cut on my liver, somehow.lol...no injuries can be worked so lots of sitting around.lol (all ready tinkering with missis having ago in the back ground.lol)

nZZ7ODL.jpg

QZzaLoc.jpg

oiuYPOM.jpg

NJv4zl1.jpg

RFHJUy4.jpg

ZotvHll.jpg

TlV80i5.jpg

8OLStHQ.jpg

e4Bk4P4.jpg

Last edited:
p.s these bikes slide so cleanly with no crash protection. wonder if it would have been better or worse with some. oh and thats a private drive that people have reported for dumping gravel on road before. :(

Last edited:
Sad to hear this, glad you are more or less fine.

This isn't damage at all on track. Can easily be fixed by replacing parts, but I guess it's different when you have insurance.

Any scratches on frame will likely be a write off by insurance.

Hi, so sorry to hear of your crash. I know it won?t help but you?re still in one piece... ish. That?s the main thing to take away from this. You must have given your other half a heart attack. I?m afraid to say, it?s probably a write off. J

p.s these bikes slide so cleanly with no crash protection. wonder if it would have been better or worse with some. oh and thats a private drive that people have reported for dumping gravel on road before. :(
All bike slide cleanly until they hit the curb or grass patch and flip..

Hi, so sorry to hear of your crash. I know it won?t help but you?re still in one piece... ish. That?s the main thing to take away from this. You must have given your other half a heart attack. I?m afraid to say, it?s probably a write off. J

she did panic a little and couldn't work out how to stop quicker.lol. her legs went when she got off bike and she fell over.lol. bless her. :)

Sorry to read about your crash, glad that you survived it. Definitely not good that there?s gravel in the middle of the lane around a corner. So, new bike ordered yet lol.

Sorry to read about your crash, glad that you survived it. Definitely not good that there?s gravel in the middle of the lane around a corner. So, new bike ordered yet lol.

all ready enquired. there 4 in stock.lol im think that by the time im healed it will be winter so should i wait for 21 plate now?

Not sure gap insurance stretched to another 15k.
[emoji57][emoji849]

Glad you're ok ish. Bike is done for from the insurers point of view. Maybe buy back and track it?

- Alex

Man, that looks a sore one, bike and you !.... gravel rashed to buggery that (no pun intended)

As Alex said defo consider a buy back for the track if they write it off.

Glad your OK..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hope u found that cough pillow to hug mate.... but 100 percent relieved
ur still alive and kicking ... bikes can replaced and from what u have told me I already know ur scouring the market for the best deal.

u know where we are if we can help with anything.... keep me posted bud

Last edited:
Really sorry to haer about this, but gald you are (mostly) OK and thinking of new bike! That gravel in middle of lane looks really bad, particulary if it has come off a private drive.

Bike likely to be write off - but as others said think about tracking it if no cracks in frame.

Sorry to hear .

I've bought a couple of bikes back in the past for peanuts but think its changed a bit now, from what I've seen on the Web alot aren't giving you the buy back option anymore and are selling themselves

Depending on how it pans out for you ive been thinking of selling my road kit

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear this but equally glad to hear that you yourself are relatively ok as it could have been a lot worse. Hope you make a speedy recovery and get back on a new bike soon. That gravel looks really bad and something needs to be done about that, especially if others have complained about it too, almost looks like some patch work to fill up a potential pothole. Take it easy mate, rest up, search bike trader and watch plenty of movies :)

Back