HP Brake Pads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gobert

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the HP Motorrad track pads are nothing more than rebranded SBS Dual Carbons?

The HP brake pads are made by SBS and are effectively the same dual carbon pads. They are very good but I found that they didn?t last particularly long.

Are Brembo Z04 lasting longer than SBS DC? I had SBS DC and they are fine until about 1/2 of their life, then they feel "woody". I also have 2-3 sets of Z04 waiting to be installed when my Versah XX are gone (they are also very very good). A fellow trackday rider used a pair of new Z04 in the track and they lasted appx 3 days. The pads had 30% after the 3 days in the track.

3 days?! That's some heavy braking. Mine are on 8 days and still going strong.

Are Brembo Z04 lasting longer than SBS DC? I had SBS DC and they are fine until about 1/2 of their life, then they feel "woody". I also have 2-3 sets of Z04 waiting to be installed when my Versah XX are gone (they are also very very good). A fellow trackday rider used a pair of new Z04 in the track and they lasted appx 3 days. The pads had 30% after the 3 days in the track.
Any dual carbon compound will wear off much quicker than dual sintered compound.

Re: Brembo Z04

Brembo Z04.
At circa 250 a pair thats a load of money just for pads, reading the reviews they seem to be worth the money for most people.

I dont see much in the way of any discounts on that figure, why so expensive, does Brembo operate a De Beers cartel like pricing structure on them, surely once they have the mix right for the compound they can press tons of them, box and ship out.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

At circa 250 a pair thats a load of money just for pads, reading the reviews they seem to be worth the money for most people.

I dont see much in the way of any discounts on that figure, why so expensive, does Brembo operate a De Beers cartel like pricing structure on them, surely once they have the mix right for the compound they can press tons of them, box and ship out.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
241 euros at caprimoto. They last long.

As alternative you can always go Dual Carbon compound, that are much cheaper.

Brembo Z04

How many days do you get from the Z04's?

I got 7 trackdays out of my last set. They can last much longer but it all depends on how hard you are on the brakes. That said braking performance is extremely consistent until the end. They are very expensive but well worth the money.

It's useless measure, as it all depends on your pace.

However they would last 3-4x more than dual carbon compound.

I'm getting through a set of OE pads in 3 days and I find them fine - nothing earth shattering but ok. They are around ?120 a set so I'd get 3 sets for one set of Z04's - not withstanding that they are a much better pad - so I'd need to get 7 or 8 days from a set to make it affordable. Pace wise, last year I did 1m 57 at Jerez and a 1m 49s at Oulton on my standard Gen 3 road bike.

standard pads are very good,but the zo4's and sbs DS are a step up,but also a huge step in price,but do last longer and give same feel/power from start to finish of the pad.it's 1 of those (as with most things) if you can afford to spend it on them,then do so.

I'm getting through a set of OE pads in 3 days and I find them fine - nothing earth shattering but ok. They are around ?120 a set so I'd get 3 sets for one set of Z04's - not withstanding that they are a much better pad - so I'd need to get 7 or 8 days from a set to make it affordable. Pace wise, last year I did 1m 57 at Jerez and a 1m 49s at Oulton on my standard Gen 3 road bike.
I would say 3 times of that at this pace.

The super important thing that scooby pointed out, Z04 or SBS have very consistent performance, which means they do not delaminate when getting thin. Alpha's dual sintered pads can be run till 1mm thickness.

Another thing to keep in mind is heat. Gen3/4 calipers are okay, but if temperatures are slightly above what is normal you will feel fade. It's okay for Jerez, but at tracks like Mugello you can feel uncomfortable.

I would say 3 times of that at this pace.

The super important thing that scooby pointed out, Z04 or SBS have very consistent performance, which means they do not delaminate when getting thin. Alpha's dual sintered pads can be run till 1mm thickness.

Another thing to keep in mind is heat. Gen3/4 calipers are okay, but if temperatures are slightly above what is normal you will feel fade. It's okay for Jerez, but at tracks like Mugello you can feel uncomfortable.
Excuse to buy those carbon brake ducts [emoji16]

- Alex

Excuse to buy those carbon brake ducts [emoji16]

- Alex
I would love to, none available for gen4. WRS makes some silly stuff that zipties around forks, I don't want that.

Prolly need to switch to gp4rx first to see if this is still an issue.

Back