Crash Protection - which bits are a must?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8nm sounds more like it than 50 I think to. We safe I?ll double check with the dealer.
On a side note ... I think I met your mrs a few weeks ago running in her bike we were comparing which bits we needed lol.

that sounds about right, crossgates. since then shes had akro can, GB engine protection and gilles rearsets. lol. tail tidy next and hopefully ride it.lol

that sounds about right, crossgates. since then shes had akro can, GB engine protection and gilles rearsets. lol. tail tidy next and hopefully ride it.lol
Yes that was it, nice :) I?m just in the process of fitting the protection. I?ve never fitted it to any of my bikes in the past but literally the day I saw her my brother dropped his bike that morning one of those Everything happens in slow motion drops and I was surprised by the amount of scratches it caused so at any speed moving it?s kind of hard to see how it won?t save me so I thought for a couple of hundred quid I?d get some.

Yes that was it, nice :) I?m just in the process of fitting the protection. I?ve never fitted it to any of my bikes in the past but literally the day I saw her my brother dropped his bike that morning one of those Everything happens in slow motion drops and I was surprised by the amount of scratches it caused so at any speed moving it?s kind of hard to see how it won?t save me so I thought for a couple of hundred quid I?d get some.

i wrote off my gen 4 a few months back, it might not have been a write off if i had any protection. frame sliders are a must as the bit that sticks through the fairing high up is one of the first places to hit. look on my posts your find some pictures of the damaged bike and where it scrapped along for 100 yards or so. considering how far it went the damage was little but expensive.

i wrote off my gen 4 a few months back, it might not have been a write off if i had any protection. frame sliders are a must as the bit that sticks through the fairing high up is one of the first places to hit. look on my posts your find some pictures of the damaged bike and where it scrapped along for 100 yards or so. considering how far it went the damage was little but expensive.
Yes I saw the pictures and a bit of me thinks if it goes down the road properly I don?t want it back but when I saw the damage my brother did on a very gentle zero speed drop (he was gutted first time in 20+years of riding) I thought couple of hundred quid now saves in the long run.

Yes I saw the pictures and a bit of me thinks if it goes down the road properly I don?t want it back but when I saw the damage my brother did on a very gentle zero speed drop (he was gutted first time in 20+years of riding) I thought couple of hundred quid now saves in the long run.

yep was my first in over 30 years. :(

Back