Motorrad Insured Warranty

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing to bear in mind, the Extended warranty has nothing to do with BMW themselves. It?s after warranty insurance provided by an insurance company badged up to be BMW. It?s common in the motoring industry. I had this discussion when my clocks started failing on my 2015 Gen3. The extended warranty doesn?t cover that fault and the subject of it being a known problem came up. Then the dealer pointed out it?s actually just insurance. I got the dealer to contact BMW Germany direct as it was a known problem and they?re on their 3rd redesign on the clocks. They stepped in and replaced the clocks and bypassed the insurance.
Not sure about the Gen4 owners manual, as far as trackdays go, my Gen3 owners manual shows how to prep the bike for trackdays and BMW provide a plate to remove the number plate holder etc, so they won?t be too precious about Trackdays in the original BMW warranty. It?s the extended warranty insurance that it can be an issue.

Gen 4 Manual

...Not sure about the Gen4 owners manual, as far as trackdays go, my Gen3 owners manual shows how to prep the bike for trackdays and BMW provide a plate to remove the number plate holder etc...

The Gen 4 manual is similar and there is an entire ?On the Race Track? section.

One thing to bear in mind, the Extended warranty has nothing to do with BMW themselves. It?s after warranty insurance provided by an insurance company badged up to be BMW. It?s common in the motoring industry. I had this discussion when my clocks started failing on my 2015 Gen3. The extended warranty doesn?t cover that fault and the subject of it being a known problem came up. Then the dealer pointed out it?s actually just insurance. I got the dealer to contact BMW Germany direct as it was a known problem and they?re on their 3rd redesign on the clocks. They stepped in and replaced the clocks and bypassed the insurance.
Not sure about the Gen4 owners manual, as far as trackdays go, my Gen3 owners manual shows how to prep the bike for trackdays and BMW provide a plate to remove the number plate holder etc, so they won?t be too precious about Trackdays in the original BMW warranty. It?s the extended warranty insurance that it can be an issue.

I think that?s a good point. Manufacturers warranty will have different inclusions from extended. Tbf it?s the same sort of thing with every vehicle I have ever owned, manufacturer warranty is comprehensive, the extended has caveats.

To be fair, it's very much open to interpretation by the dealer with BMW. When my Gen 3 went in for service in July I pointed out a small mark om my dials under the screen. I said I was concerned about the mark which wasn't caused by damp increasing in size over time. I have a BMW used bike warranty and my dealer, Bahnstormers in Alton agreed to replace the unit with a replacement under said warranty without any fuss from me.

Back