Motorrad Insured Warranty

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dommoly

Reaction score
Renewal time for me (2016 S1000RR) and I notice that the warranty specifically excludes tracked bikes, unless BMW organised ones:

"An insured motorcycle used for courier private hire services, off-road use, trackdays, competitions or racing of any kind other than track days arranged and supervised by BMW Motorrad or other appointed agents"

Do you think it means used on a trackday *ever*? Or just in this period? Not sure if this is new (never noticed it before) but my bike has done TDs from birth and will continue to do so... They've also made repairs under this warranty in the last 12 months?

Maybe it's a get-out clause for them should your bike detonate on the straight / M40 and they don't want to pay... I'd imagine most S1000s see at least one trackday?

Whichever way, email and get it in writing.. i sacked my I W earlier this year as I'd already paid 1700 into it for little return.. the cover is decent tho.

,I also don't recall track exclusions

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

If it?s anything like their new bike warranty then **** it off.

Worst manufacturers warranty if had to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your turning into one of those moaning bastards every forum has hahaha [emoji38] [emoji1787] [emoji23] [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That is a bit shit if they have added in a tracked clause. People wobbling around on trackdays are only using the built in potential. If the mechanical bits cannot survive being well used then there's something wrong.

- Alex

Last edited:
I know I am but I?m having a real bad time with them again and I only moan in here because of the way the folk are on here [emoji23]

Thought all the issues were sorted but obviously not.

2 weeks the bikes been lying in the dealers now with very little communication

That is a bit shit if they have added in a tracked clause. People wobbling around on trackdays are only using the built in potential. If the mechanical bits cannot survive being well used then there's something wrong.

- Alex

Agreed, to exclude track day use is bonkers, particularly when, in the case of the Gen 4, there isn?t a single marketing photo on their website of it on road lol.

My understanding was that it used to always exclude specifically ?competition use?.
I even had a set of discs replaced on my Gen 3 under the manufacturer warranty when they warped on the first track day.

I know I am but I?m having a real bad time with them again and I only moan in here because of the way the folk are on here [emoji23]

Thought all the issues were sorted but obviously not.

2 weeks the bikes been lying in the dealers now with very little communication

That sucks mate. Is this Spanish dealer again? Is this for crack in rear wheel ?

That sucks mate. Is this Spanish dealer again? Is this for crack in rear wheel ?

No mate, it?s with the supplying dealer in the UK again. Bikes been back in the UK since the brake issue earlier this year.

Another cracked rear wheel exactly the same as the last one.

Last edited:
I?ve had better people than you hate me, so if you think that bothers me one bit then you can **** right off

Interesting boast well done you!

Perhaps look up the meaning of irony.

Next time you tell anyone to f off on this forum you will be permanently banned.

Re: M Carbon Fibre Wheels

Lithium battery is part of performance package as I have it on my bike. So only fairings, seat, gold subframe and CF wheels

What?s different in the fairings, do you mean just the paint scheme?

Not much in it then. If I was buying another then I?d go with the sport and the add ons

Re: M Carbon Fibre Wheels

What?s different in the fairings, do you mean just the paint scheme?

Not much in it then. If I was buying another then I?d go with the sport and the add ons

Yep, color scheme

You honestly think I care. **** off

The internet is full of keyboard warrior assholes who think it?s ok to verbally abuse and swear at people whilst hiding behind screens. This forum has never tolerated that kind of behaviour. Permanent ban.

The internet is full of keyboard warrior assholes who think it?s ok to verbally abuse and swear at people whilst hiding behind screens. This forum has never tolerated that kind of behaviour. Permanent ban.
He didn't deserve it, and was provoked by a salty comment.

I understand the ban for foul and abusive language but as a moderator surely your role should have been more impartial rather than an agent provocateur. Changing someone else?s post to reword it that we all hate him was vindictive and no wonder provoked an offensive reply. It was kicking a man backed into a corner and down. Surely this could have been better handled by sending private messages.

He couldn?t take the poke because he takes himself way too seriously, he even posted that he was back here to moan and wind people up ffs. Tried diplomacy with him before, sigh, it was like trying to have a reasoned conversation with a drunk. Pointless and just toxic replies every time (to various members not just me). Job done.

Back