Track fairings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys know how much stronger aftermarket road fairings are compared to OEM stock? Or even how much stronger a race fairing is compared to an aftermarket road fairing?

I cannot decide if to go for a race fairing and cut out the lights (my bike is used on road still) or just get road fairings from a Chinese manufacturer.

While the cheaper Chinese plastic road fairings do what I want them to - ie let me use my bike on road and on track - I have had a few tabs / fixing points break. Easy enough fix with epoxy and a fibreglass kit but they can be brittle.

So really then it is down to personal preference and what works for you. A race fairing or aftermarket OEM.

Gobert, i think that is a small price to pay. The stock Gen 4 plastics are utterly terrible compared to the Gen 3 in terms of strength.

The track fairings will raise the seat height to put you in a better position. Though its personal preference.

Its not like you need to keep putting your foot on the floor.

- Alex

The track fairings will raise the seat height to put you in a better position. Though its personal preference.

Its not like you need to keep putting your foot on the floor.

- Alex

If i was going to go for a track fairing i'd only go for the front. I wouldn't bother with the seat unit. I think am leaning towards the track fairing to be honest.

If i was going to go for a track fairing i'd only go for the front. I wouldn't bother with the seat unit. I think am leaning towards the track fairing to be honest.
I chucked a CRC seat on my stock tail. Made a world of difference.
eb3303a2599679a7f53c2d93edcc79ac.jpg

- Alex

That looks proper smart! And you are using a Race fairing up front?
Actually no. Tried using it as BMW intended this year as I had intended to do road miles. Covid put paid to that though so its been wear and tear they didn't need.
ddc13801093d2fc9e7dcb0a4552a8d80.jpg

- Alex

But I do like the CRC unit compared to my Alpha track fairings seat - I may buy a track tail unit to go with it and do a back to back compare.

Actually no. Tried using it as BMW intended this year as I had intended to do road miles. Covid put paid to that though so its been wear and tear they didn't need.
ddc13801093d2fc9e7dcb0a4552a8d80.jpg

- Alex

Bike looks great though! I am going to go race fairing up front and cut the lights out. I spoke to Alpha racing about their fairings and how they run the lights on their EWC and they said they just cut them out. So that is the winter project.

Back