Track fairings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Track Fairings

Here are a few options. Expect to pay from ?550 upwards depending on brand and material.

alpha Racing
Carbonin
CRC
Fortis Racing

Chinese road kit...............already painted and cheaper than race fibreglass with the added bonus that you can still use the bike on the road.

Chinese road kit...............already painted and cheaper than race fibreglass with the added bonus that you can still use the bike on the road.
Sounds a decent option Gobert, any links you can supply ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Been having a browse thru most of these sites...thanks Rys, I'l Padrino, BBB, Gobert and Alex...is there a favoured manufacturing process, fibreglass, moulded or whatever, presumably Dzus fasteners are the method of choice or does it matter ?....

Track Fairings

To be honest it generally comes down to budget and most of the time you get what you pay for. You will also find people in the paddock who have had both positive and negative experiences with most of the brands listed. Material wise Carbon Fibre is the most expensive option followed by Avio Fibre and then Fibreglass. It?s worth noting that for some brands you will also need to buy a fairing bracket and mounting kit to fit them along with a screen. As for fasteners some will come with Dzus fittings but in my experience it makes little difference. Ultimately, if you are doing a lot of trackdays every season then it makes sense to invest in a set as it will save you money (compared to replacing OEM fairings!) should you have an off on track.

Sounds a decent option Gobert, any links you can supply ?

I bought mine from one of the EBay sellers however since then someone posted on another site that the majority of these kits are made by one company and all the companies out there are just resellers for:

http://www.fairingmaster.com/?fbclid=IwAR13Frh2pT2aCeii9B8wmgtqeCYvY0M55eMb3EmLhDo_zg3SW0U0EL7YKlY

They are not pefect and I've had some fixing tabs break which I fixed with a simple fibreglass repair. The fit was pretty good and the paint is ok - I've had mine fitted for about 18 months and done about 15 track days / a few thousand road miles in that time without any real issues. It's certainly the best way if you still want to use the bike on the road but protect the OE bodykit when on track.

20200818_112545 by Andy Yates, on Flickr

Thanks for all the additional info guys, its really helpful.

Jeez fairing master are cheap, great colour schemes too, nothing for my ZX tho, Aliexpress have similar priced ones to FM but for the ZX.

I need to remember I pay tax tho when it lands in the UK, one guy said he'd mark the value at 80 quid which is great..

Do you guys know how much stronger aftermarket road fairings are compared to OEM stock? Or even how much stronger a race fairing is compared to an aftermarket road fairing?

I cannot decide if to go for a race fairing and cut out the lights (my bike is used on road still) or just get road fairings from a Chinese manufacturer.

Its not about strength its more about fix-ability. Fibreglass is cheap to sort out. OEM plastics are not.

- Alex

Back