BMW M Endurance Chain

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Chris,

Strong as that price is it unfortunately does not sound far off the norm. Its just under 1 hour labour a BMW Motorrad retailer will charge as a stand alone job, 45 mins if done while in for a service.

Normal retail price breakdown shown below:

1 x M Endurance drive chain 525-119, ?229.60 inc vat
1 x M Endurance connecting link, ?5.84 inc vat
1 x 17t front sprocket, ?48.90 inc vat
1 x 45t rear sprocket, ?89.51 inc vat
BMW advise the following parts to replace during replacement
1 x front sprocket lock washer, ?4.66 inc vat
5 x rear sprocket nuts, ?25.02 inc vat

45-55 minutes labour, ?77 to ?94 with me at Cotswold Motorrad

If anyone is after the parts only, I can supply all for ?351.02 inc vat and delivery (normal price ?411.52 inc vat and delivery).

Email me at [email protected] or give me a call on 01242 335355 if you want more info on these chains or if there is anything else I can do to help.

Nick

01242 335355

Hi Nick

Thanks for the breakdown - looking at that you can see how it quickly mounts up! Still going to get it done and now won't feel so bad about the cost!

Cheers

Chris

Hi Nick

Many thanks for your messages on the group. It?s nice to see a dealer supporting the forums and giving honest and decent advice, aswell as trying to work in some discount. It goes along way.

Thanks

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking into buying chain and sprockets for my gen 3, this "M endurance chain" would be my first choice as long as it fits onto new OEM sprockets with the standard number of teeth (17 & 45).
Having spoken to two motorrad dealerships and coming away with the answer of "BMW don't list this chain being available for my model" has left me looking elsewhere.
Has anyone had the M endurance chain fitted onto gen 3?
I wondered if they've made this particular chain different dimensionally and I started looking into tensile strength from other manufacturers for a 525 chain:

OEM regina = 41KN

ThreeD = 43.6KN

Supersprox = 45.8KN

DID = 46.3KN

AFAM = 48.9KN

I wonder what the M endurance chain is rated to.

I was advised at my service last month that the M endurance chain isn?t compatible with the Gen3.

Perhaps I was misinformed by the parts guy at BMW though.

Wow, that's good news, thank you.
I have a question though....
Does this come with a rear sprocket with 44 teeth instead of the original 45?
Looks like the description shows 120/17/44 hmmm[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Wow, that's good news, thank you.
I have a question though....
Does this come with a rear sprocket with 44 teeth instead of the original 45?
Looks like the description shows 120/17/44 hmmm[emoji848]

They're pretty helpful so I'd email them and ask if they can swap it over to a 44 if that's your preference

They're pretty helpful so I'd email them and ask if they can swap it over to a 44 if that's your preference
That's a good idea, I will E-mail them today.

I want to stay with the original gearing with rear having 45 teeth. It just isn't clear on the websites description as to what it comes with.

Thank you. [emoji4]

Back