Insurance Quotes after Covid

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it was too much to expect, but I kinda thought that insurance companies might have had a quieter year than usual, and that we might see this reflected in our renewal quotes... naive I know, but we can dream....

I don't have to worry about my bikes for a bit, but disappointed with my car quotes thus far. Are you all seeing the same?

Rick

Both my bike policy (2 bikes with Bemoto) and my girlfriend's car policy (2 cars with Admiral) went down this year. Not a lot but at least they didn't go up plus Admiral give a small refund earlier in the year due to Covid.

I have Admiral multicar on 2 of my cars and the premium due at the end of this month is a few quid higher than last year but not enough to bother me.

Done an online quote for a new gen 4 back in May and now that I'm getting close to picking up the bike the price has doubled (multibike). I can save about ?100 by splitting between different insurers, but then I have to do double the work every year for very little in return.

Car insurance went up by circa ?100. Looked at comparison websites and the cheapest was ?200 more with less cover. Therefore I'm sticking with my insurer which bizarrely is third year running. Usually I change every year and last year it went down so overall it's kind of the same over three years. I insure with LV - worth a look (I'm 45, live in the country and have a 19 plate 540i Touring), cost is ?500 with business as well as SCDP. My Gen 4 went down - Bennett's this year as opposed to MCE

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

My renewal with Be Moto for both bikes is 460 quid, quite happy with that as the cover is excellent and the forum gets some recognition.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Bike' with Bemoto and with 44T/Forum discount and being auto bumped up to Platinum cover for the second year running... ?25 less this renewal last month..
Car was going to be ?250 more on this years premium if I stayed with last insurer, so a quick search and got my premium back to only ?17 more this year but with Euro recovery thrown in.. bonus

Back