HP4 Prices

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Don?t apologise. They were a limited run for 2 years so prices have held up quite well compared to the generic models. Some may argue that they will eventually appreciate in value but I think it might be quite a long time before that happens, and even if they do, the money invested elsewhere will probably do much better.

Just interesting to keep an eye on these prices. I sold mine with no warranty 2 years prior for ?15.5k from memory, so they are still falling in value.

Yeah HP4'S are a limited edition (done right, unlike the race). They were a tech demonstrator but equally special in a few other ways.

The HP2 was the previous HP model and they attract an arguably higher premium considering their spec/age.

- Alex

Good price for the carbon version, I've seen Gen3s for close to this. Sales manager at Bahnstormer in Maidenhead was looking at selling his. Not sure about pricing and think it's non-carbon

Dunno about the value (perceived or otherwise) but they're a nice shop to deal with. Bought a CBR650 from them, online, and they were very easy to deal with :)

Look at the belly pan, it?s not a genuine carbon

Cant see a problem with it? How can you tell it?s not genuine?

As the bike is 6 years old with no miles I?m not so sure it should demand so much premium, imo there are risks and potential problems. It would depend on how well it?s been looked after.

Hasn?t got the carbon belly pan, it?s the two piece plastic one. Looks like the owner has thrown carbon at a standard HP maybe

Looks Carbon to me Gixxer... my spare hanging up in my garage sometimes looks a bit odd depending on the light
1668a2eae4621b8b36da62b6f668931d.jpg
7cda6e487d559bab9e9dd1c5c560e6ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Agree on the HP2 values, my ?09 Sport is worth way more than the 14k I paid for it 11 years ago.
Was surprised by the values of HP4?s, I trashed my ?13 Carbon when it was 3 years old & the insurance paid out just shy of 17k.

Would the fact it's a 2 owner bike have any bearing on its future value?

Yeah it can help a little, obv those 2 owners have had the foresight to care for their baby or its worth zilch.
What was it Alexei Sayle?s character Bolowski said in The Young Ones? ?One careful owner....... all the rest were bastards?

Back