Body armour and airbag jackets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S1kR^2

Reaction score
Hi All

Seems I need a new jacket so revising my set up.
i currently wear a Dainese jacket and force ield sub pro4 back protector.

I've always liked the Dainese D Air set up but also like the idea of having a solid armour (mainly for the lower back protection).

i can?t decide whether to stick with standard jacket and body armour or put the costs of a new jacket and body armour towards just a Dainese d air jacket.

Has anyone gone down this route? Welcome your views!
cheers

So having just spoken to a very helpful lady at the Dainese store in London, it seems only the smart jacket (gillet style) is the full airbag (the airbag integrated into the jacket still has solid back protection). Just in case you were interested!

Anyone have any opinions on RST V4.1airbag suit... guy at Croft had one on, fitted him great and "worked" off an app on his phone.. seems to know if your on the road or track, when on track its less sensitive to deploying which I thought was very smart. I really need to think about buying a decent one piece suit with airbag tech and don't want to go to ?2500, the RST is ?900.00 which seems really inexpensive...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Anyone have any opinions on RST V4.1airbag suit... guy at Croft had one on, fitted him great and "worked" off an app on his phone.. seems to know if your on the road or track, when on track its less sensitive to deploying which I thought was very smart. I really need to think about buying a decent one piece suit with airbag tech and don't want to go to ?2500, the RST is ?900.00 which seems really inexpensive...

BvG seems very pleased with his RST V4.1 suit.

RST partner with In & Motion for the airbag tech

As Ive said before... look at all the Club and BSB grids. The riders who pay for their own leathers use RST kit. So that?s most of the riders. Dainese , AlpineStars Etc are lightweight suits that will survive 1 or 2 crashes till they need to be sent for repair. RST will survive a season of crashes. Plus as Whitham on Eurosport pointed out on Bridewell?s suit, it costS over ?5000.

i tried on the RST suit a month ago a sportsbike shop, leather is kangaroo which was really supple, suit felt great, however being over 6', the arms felt really short with the elbow being way out of position, not sure if RST do m2m but if they do then fer sure you would be nuts not looking at it.
Mut

I'd say worth a try on as every person's shape will be different... quick check theres a few stockists in and around Glasgow, I'll be trying one on for sure...

Last edited:
i tried on the RST suit a month ago a sportsbike shop, leather is kangaroo which was really supple, suit felt great, however being over 6', the arms felt really short with the elbow being way out of position, not sure if RST do m2m but if they do then fer sure you would be nuts not looking at it.
Mut

The do - I was talking to a guy at the Anglesey Circuit last month who was weraing their latest air bag suit - the operating system is the same as the Ixon vests.

What are the benefits meant to be on say the RST v4.1 WITH vs WITHOUT airbag system?

I'm not sure I understand what your asking, the benefits of an airbag system are pretty obvious.

They don't seem that obvious to me... Where does the airbag deploy from? If when you come off the bike a zorb style ball inflates around you so you can't be killed then great, but I don't think that's how it works is it?

They don't seem that obvious to me... Where does the airbag deploy from? If when you come off the bike a zorb style ball inflates around you so you can't be killed then great, but I don't think that's how it works is it?

mmmmmm, i think its also pritty obvious. any extra padding anywhere around your body is going to improve the chances of less trauma. airsuits generally protect the upper body. if there was no benefit i dont this virtually every race series would insist on them.

mmmmmm, i think its also pritty obvious. any extra padding anywhere around your body is going to improve the chances of less trauma. airsuits generally protect the upper body. if there was no benefit i dont this virtually every race series would insist on them.

Didn't know that! (about using it in race series)

Do the bags deploy outside the suit or inside?

Inside the suit (there's demonstration video's) the suit is made with extra stretch panel to allow for inflation whilst squeezing you also. The airbag solution mean you have freedom to move, less bulky armour up until you need it.

..........Where does the airbag deploy from? If when you come off the bike a zorb style ball inflates around you so you can't be killed then great, but I don't think that's how it works is it..........

Now that did make me laugh... reminds me of the guy that rolled down a hill and off a cliff on one of those, you'd be bouncing off cars like a ball in a pinball machine lol

Last edited:
Back