Bike shutting down

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would someone with Carbonin fairings be kind enough to photograph the 'rad shrouding' so I can see what it's like? (A photo properly inside it to see how it fits against the radiator).

It's tight, ridiculously tight.. i had to take my oil cooler guard off to get it to fit

What have you done about protecting the cooler?
Did you trim anything? Or use a mesh? or nothing?

- Alex

I took the cooler guard off to get the belly pan to fit and never got round to sorting it out. I'll need to take the belly pan off and file it down as is does need going back on. The guard is rrg guard off ebay

Re: Hoses

When you compare a Samco and OEM hose side by side you will see the difference. The former is much thicker and far better made.

So I'm comparing them and OEM look much thicker and better to be honest.

samco.jpg

Also you can't compare on thickness alone.
Better made, quality materials, amount of rubber/silica.
And dare say the samco are lighter, all be it marginal.

Also you can't compare on thickness alone.
Better made, quality materials, amount of rubber/silica.
And dare say the samco are lighter, all be it marginal.

does samco publish amount of silica they use ?

I mean at the end of the day its a fu?king hose. surely any hose can survive 1.8bar pressure.

Samco Hoses

From my experience using Samco hoses over the years they help lower engine temperature by a few degrees and are extremely well made. That and they don?t seem to get brittle with age like OEM hoses.

Samco Hoses

I suspect it?s down to improved flow. Every time I?ve fitted them I?ve noticed a small drop in engine temperature.

If it happens...i think its due to the thinner material. Possibly sheds heat through the silicone better than rubber.

- Alex

Those hoses are small and located next to the hot engine, I would be very surprised if they shed any heat out at all.

Time to revitalise this thread, my bike has basically been parked during covid, I had it looked at by the dealer after Mugello, they said they had 'fixed' it, I decided to put the road gear on and tax it from 1st May, yesterday evening was the first time I have ridden it since Mugello last year and guess what, it overheated, engine light is on and a big orange warning to take it to a BMW dealer...

I am going to connect my GS911 tonight and see if there are any error codes.

Maybe get a higher rated thermostat and think about a bigger radiator.

Anyone else been able to resolve these issues?

Something fundamentally broken if the bike does it. Take it to the dealer again, they have to fix it

Back