Cadwell Parking Area needed..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your bike picks up really quick, although the old kwacker held it's own it's not just as quick as top of the line machines like yours, plus it's a real handful to throw round any track, 1-4 it just wants to lift, a couple of guys from here that I know have gen 3 thou RRs and they were hitting about 155 plus up to Park..

I done 120 miles on my HP4 at the weekend and it's so refined compared to the ZX I hated it lol... should have taken the ZX out

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Haha I think mine pick up slow now I'm used to it, going to change the chain and sprockets over winter to get a bit more grunt out of the slower 2nd hand corners. I know I'm slow on the power as a lot of people make a gap coming out of the bends and then I catch up when the engine starts to sing a bit and I reel them back in.
I'm actually a bit slower up Park straight than I have been for some reason, used to easily hit over 170mph before braking, probably need to short shift to 6th just before the crest as the front goes very light and a bit scary whilst cranked over and then thinking about braking hard with 1 wheel on the floor!

Refined is easier but less fun I agree, I love that I get off my bike not knowing whether to laugh or cry!

170 thats nuts !... the guy that took me on the inside outbraked me just before Park corner, (SBS Dual Carbons) I asked him .. !...

My brakes are excellent after I done the complete overhaul and really the only thing I need to do is mess about with compounds..I'll try the Brembos I've got, they should allow much later braking.

And your right, it was a benign event on the HP4....rubbish lol

Yeah my favourite spot down there!
I was using some EBC's but fitted a set of SBS ready for Anglesey on Friday so looking forward to trying them out but they get good reviews and a decent price.

See if I bump into you on any other uk days!

On a more positive note, the HP4 got me safely to Oban and back.....

This is my free Monday seafood platter at Oban Seafood Hut.. they look after me as I do all their Google reviews..thats an easy 30 quids worth right there....mmmmmm..
90cd93fc3701dc28e6b540ce7adfc183.jpg

Yeah my favourite spot down there!
I was using some EBC's but fitted a set of SBS ready for Anglesey on Friday so looking forward to trying them out but they get good reviews and a decent price.

See if I bump into you on any other uk days!

I want to go to Anglesey is that the one at the seaside, if so it looks excellent.

Is it Dual Carbons you use ?

I'm at Croft 10th and 11th, next thu/Fri..

Braking does involve overcoming inertia.
Weight of mass and rotational mass.

Then there's how you brake. How quickly you can get from throttle to full brakes.

Its not just friction materials...

- Alex

I really felt as though I could have braked later and convinced his late braking was down to his pads tho..

If you want ultimate stoppers the its the
SBS DS-1 (strong initial bite)
SBS DS-2 (progressive bite)
Or Brembo Z04's

Neat thing with the SBS's is that you can run both types in different calipers to blend the characters.
2f7da61833aef317f9fccd2927ca5461.jpg

- Alex

It is very clever... is that a stock image or are they yours Alex.. they seem to be a similar price to Z04s.

Have you used them ?

It is very clever... is that a stock image or are they yours Alex.. they seem to be a similar price to Z04s.

Have you used them ?

I use ds-2 on gp4rx calipers. They are excellent.

I got them. Someone was shifting them on FB. They seems to cost more than Z04 from the shops so I wouldn't have otherwise

- Alex

Back