Cadwell Parking Area needed..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Guys any idea where I can park up tonight, I need somewhere that I can pitch a tent too.

Reading the notes it looks like we can't get access to the parking area tonight..I've never been so havent a clue about the area..

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

False alarm...despite whats stated on their literature we can stay at Cadwell, I just called them there.....big relief that.....

Last edited:
Yeah camping is now back open.
You just there tomorrow? We are there Monday & Tuesday.

Mon and Tuesday Joe... im in a white trafic backed on to the field... where are you ill come say hello..

BTW had a look inside this guys custom Krafter...omfg what a van.... its got everything, shower, toilet swivel seats.. bespoke interior, amazing kitchen, bit for the bike at the back, guy got it built for him......my mate sells VW and he says your looking at least 70k...

Actually had a bit of fun with him yesterday, he was launching his Superduke into the corners, It took me 3 laps to overtake him as both of us got caught up in trafic...great fun
25cbddf72393c2a192fd8e19c1bee346.jpg
9e1f4277336ba29f7149d77858dc5377.jpg

Last edited:
Its a merc sprinter...the van cost the guy 50 Gs.. and the inside another 50 lol...so a hundred grand ouch

Mon and Tuesday Joe... im in a white trafic backed on to the field... where are you ill come say hello..

BTW had a look inside this guys custom Krafter...omfg what a van.... its got everything, shower, toilet swivel seats.. bespoke interior, amazing kitchen, bit for the bike at the back, guy got it built for him......my mate sells VW and he says your looking at least 70k...

Actually had a bit of fun with him yesterday, he was launching his Superduke into the corners, It took me 3 laps to overtake him as both of us got caught up in trafic...great fun
25cbddf72393c2a192fd8e19c1bee346.jpg
9e1f4277336ba29f7149d77858dc5377.jpg

Ah didn't check here this morning, was rushing too much to set up! Think we were opposite side to you and a bit further down. Enterprise sprinter, black gazebo thing with my silver V4S and my mates RSV4 black/blue. Shame would have come for a chat.

Great couple of days and got really lucky with the weather, missed one session over both days and could have ridden that too! New PB and some good consistent times so pretty happy!

Hope u showed him ur van out of courtesy stuart!
I was too embarrassed [emoji15]

His electrics cost 10 grand, mine stretched to LED strip lights, couple of inline fuses, 30 Mtrs of 10mm2 cable and a 78 quid battery oh and a wee switchbank lol..

Ah didn't check here this morning, was rushing too much to set up! Think we were opposite side to you and a bit further down. Enterprise sprinter, black gazebo thing with my silver V4S and my mates RSV4 black/blue. Shame would have come for a chat.

Great couple of days and got really lucky with the weather, missed one session over both days and could have ridden that too! New PB and some good consistent times so pretty happy!

Oh man, every pitch looked the same to me, the weather was great but really hot when the sun came out..

Learned a lot out on the track, I got quicker with every session, it helps when you latch on to someone faster which I did, watched his lines and just done what he done..

Were you in the fast group ? Some of the fast boys were totally flying

Oh man, every pitch looked the same to me, the weather was great but really hot when the sun came out..

Learned a lot out on the track, I got quicker with every session, it helps when you latch on to someone faster which I did, watched his lines and just done what he done..

Were you in the fast group ? Some of the fast boys were totally flying

Yeah best way to learn is getting someone to drag you along mate.
Yeah fast group for me, standard was pretty low so I actually felt fast for once! Managed to get a few 1.42's and consistent 1.44's so improving!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XaRb7YunvY

Great video man !..you blew those suckers out the water ... it confirms what I knew and where I lost time.. back straight up the hill I was hitting about 90 going into that you were about 103.

That right hander was way more complete, the dip you were over 160 I could only get mine up to about 140, same with the back straight.

Pretty much everywhere lol...

Great video man !..you blew those suckers out the water ... it confirms what I knew and where I lost time.. back straight up the hill I was hitting about 90 going into that you were about 103.

That right hander was way more complete, the dip you were over 160 I could only get mine up to about 140, same with the back straight.

The back straight into Coppice is one that takes a little time to get the balls to keep on the throttle more than you want to. Plenty of riders (including me when I first went there) scrub far too much speed as they go into it and end up back on the gas mid corner when they realise they can carry more, and then that puts them on the wrong side for Charlies 1, and then 2, and so on. The other area for time improvment is Chris Curve. Again, you can take more speed out of the corner and let the bike drift left before pulling it back in for the gooseneck. There is a line of banding running along Chris curve which is a useful reference point.

Anyways, you are at Croft next?

Last edited:

Yeah a bit slower in a few places really drops time off. The biggest thing I'm working on is trying to be off the throttle and on the brakes without coasting as I used to use this as a breather and to set for the corner. You can always brake later and get on the power earlier than you think it's just getting over the mental block of bravery!
Just takes practice, I found filming myself really helps as I can have a reference point for speed at certain corners and just try to go a bit quicker into them the next time I'm there. Just got to take your time and be happy knocking a few seconds off at a time without pushing too hard.

Yeah a bit slower in a few places really drops time off. The biggest thing I'm working on is trying to be off the throttle and on the brakes without coasting as I used to use this as a breather and to set for the corner. You can always brake later and get on the power earlier than you think it's just getting over the mental block of bravery!
Just takes practice, I found filming myself really helps as I can have a reference point for speed at certain corners and just try to go a bit quicker into them the next time I'm there. Just got to take your time and be happy knocking a few seconds off at a time without pushing too hard.

I so do the breather thing - these bikes are some damn fast you worry about hitting the right point and being ready for the ferocity of the braking. But although you say you do it I thought it wasn't that apparent on the vid. With Cadwell and it's undulations there's a lot of forces happening you cannot experience through the lens.

I so do the breather thing - these bikes are some damn fast you worry about hitting the right point and being ready for the ferocity of the braking. But although you say you do it I thought it wasn't that apparent on the vid. With Cadwell and it's undulations there's a lot of forces happening you cannot experience through the lens.

I don't do it anywhere near as much as I used to so training myself out of it. The camera is so good it removes a lot of the drama like you say, makes me look smooth but certainly wouldn't say that I am!

The back straight into Coppice is one that takes a little time to get the balls to keep on the throttle more than you want to. Plenty of riders (including me when I first went there) scrub far too much speed as they go into it and end up back on the gas mid corner when they realise they can carry more, and then that puts them on the wrong side for Charlies 1, and then 2, and so on. The other area for time improvment is Chris Curve. Again, you can take more speed out of the corner and let the bike drift left before pulling it back in for the gooseneck. There is a line of banding running along Chris curve which is a useful reference point.

Anyways, you are at Croft next?

Yea, I found myself prepping for that corner rather than keeping on the gas, I was out first on a session and cleared off on my own, a guy (Chris) on a /gixxer thou who was rapid took me just before Park.....bastard !.. I kept hard on his tail for at least 4 or 5 laps although I seldom looked at the clocks he must have been close on Joepeps numbers on Coppice, it was nip and tuck for those laps at the end he stopped the bike and shook my hand lol... it was great, he's a quick inters rider but couldn't get a place so opted for Novice... thats what i was saying about getting somebody in your sights and staying with him...it was a great tussle..

Yea mate 10 and 11, you coming along mibe go for a pint and some food ?

Your bike picks up really quick, although the old kwacker held it's own it's not just as quick as top of the line machines like yours, plus it's a real handful to throw round any track, 1-4 it just wants to lift, a couple of guys from here that I know have gen 3 thou RRs and they were hitting about 155 plus up to Park..

I done 120 miles on my HP4 at the weekend and it's so refined compared to the ZX I hated it lol... should have taken the ZX out

Last edited:
Back