Brembo RC pads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Picked up a set from Alan @ A.R... whats the synopsis on these...

I done some reading up on them and from what I can see are regarded by most as a decent pad for the track....does anyone use these ?
beb1de5afcd3d198f24ebaf36972a281.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Brembo RC

They are good brake pads once up to temperature. Initial bite is predictable but feels a little soft compared to other sintered brake pads in the Brembo range. Overall braking performance is strong and progressive and they are a good trackday brake pad.

Ideal Ryan, theres a pull out insert that advises to scuff off the coating on the rotors (assuming the removed pads are not RC) Followed by the usual bedding in procedure...how do you bed a track pad in ?

Brembo RC

Given it?s a carbon compound brake pad I would first clean your front brake discs to remove any previous pad material that may be on them. As for bedding in just brake progressively for the first few laps to bed the pads against the discs and you should be fine.

Ok cheers for that...

I have a question on Cadwell, my mates coming with me (Not Participating) he's my helper monkey... does anyone know if i have to enter him on MSVs check in system, it's none too clear..

Ok cheers for that...

I have a question on Cadwell, my mates coming with me (Not Participating) he's my helper monkey... does anyone know if i have to enter him on MSVs check in system, it's none too clear..

You do not Stu

Like every carbon fiber brake pad, the rotors must be as clean as possible. Ideally they can be sandblasted. They need a little bit of easy use and then they are ready to go.

Like every carbon fiber brake pad, the rotors must be as clean as possible. Ideally they can be sandblasted. They need a little bit of easy use and then they are ready to go.
Sounds OK that, the sandblasting seems a bit impractical tho... the pamphlet states a rub down with say 240 or equivalent... I've got some with me so might pop them in..

Can I buy a multipack of different grades ?

Allan the Kwacker guy used this abrasive tape stuff which looked excellent, he says it lasts for ages too, I'm damned if I can remember the name..

These front pads are sublime, definite track only...first corner to warm up, no hint of a fade although with the length of the straights they get a chance to cool substantially, knockhill would be a better proving ground..

Back