Track day cancellations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieB

Reaction score
I'm new to track days this year and was wondering what the likelihood of a cancellation due to weather was? I rode the other week with a couple of wet sessions and all was good but Monday 17th at Snetterton is forecast for thunderstorms with a yellow warning in place. The main reason I ask is that I am toying with the idea of cancelling the van hire and leaving the S1K at home and hiring a track bike with wets instead. Im content to ride in the wet, but i'll lose the bike hire cost of the event gets cancelled.

Any thoughts?

No chances of cancellations due to rain in the UK.

Unless its torrential rain that floods the whole paddock like was 2 weeks ago at Donny, which happens once in 5 years or something like that.

Last edited:
TDO will Only cancel if track is deemed waterlogged/unsafe.

The weatherforcast is wrong usually. Mostly it suggests thunderstorms if the temp is above value X and the humidity is above value Y.

- Alex

i'd be more worried about the stupid amounts of money your about to start spending :)

Already seeing the money rolling out and toying with the idea of swapping my car for a van!

Anyway, a quick update. The evening session was cancelled due to very heavy rain and the day session started late and was cut short so we received a credit back there too. To be fair to MSV, they were very forthcoming with credit vouchers!!

Back