S1000rr torque figures

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wheelies are well controlled by electronics, body position and rear brake on any bike...
To a point yes but a normal 200bhp+ bike is trying rotate around the rear wheel on the power whatever you try to do to stop it.
The only way that can be fully controlled is with electronics cutting the power.
But the ducati is driving the front down more so the electronics is not having to cut power and with the right body position etc.. you can get some pretty megga drive out of corners.
I only had it for about 30 miles use but it was enough for me to get to some decent roads and give it a proper thrashing, the rear tyre was a bit ripped up when i gave it back which was embarrising lol

The Ducati brakes are better for one simple reason. Even if the calipers and the master cylinder were the same, the Ducati has 330mm discs compared to 320mm. That makes a big difference in swept area. I wish more bikes had 330mm?s. My Gen 3 with M50?s, RCS M/C still isn?t as good as my 1098 from 2007.

its not just the size, its the crank holding the back down under engine braking meaning you can brake harder than on other bikes

To a point yes but a normal 200bhp+ bike is trying rotate around the rear wheel on the power whatever you try to do to stop it.
The only way that can be fully controlled is with electronics cutting the power.
But the ducati is driving the front down more so the electronics is not having to cut power and with the right body position etc.. you can get some pretty megga drive out of corners.
I only had it for about 30 miles use but it was enough for me to get to some decent roads and give it a proper thrashing, the rear tyre was a bit ripped up when i gave it back which was embarrising lol

Not to a point but are controlled like that. Pretty much any rider on track will tell you that.

Oh, and I forgot to add keeping bike at lean while on gas - is the 4th one.

Yes. More than the engine.
Weight transfer/geometry etc

- Alex
Well my old zx10r and my r1 have pretty long trail but both want to do stoppies under heavy braking but the ducati doesnt feel like that.
When its on the side stand and you blip the throttle it lifts the rear of the bike up a noticalbe amount.
Then on engine braking it pulls it down.
So the spinning mass is trying to drive the rear wheel down when your on the brakes.
I recommend trying one and youll see what i mean.
As for mid corner running wide etc i didnt notice anything at all.
It felt pretty good everywhere except for me personally id drop the forks a few mm to make the initial turn in a bit quicker.
Dealer said that from standard the ducatis are setup a little slower on the steering for cornering stability but its easily sorted by dropping the front a tad.
Personally I think all sports bikes should have reverse rotating crank.

Not to a point but are controlled like that. Pretty much any rider on track will tell you that.

Oh, and I forgot to add keeping bike at lean while on gas - is the 4th one.
Have you ridden one?
If not i suggest trying one and you will see what i mean, there doesnt seem to be any negative effects of it in the real world.
Maybe why every moto gp bike has it

Have you ridden one?
If not i suggest trying one and you will see what i mean, there doesnt seem to be any negative effects of it in the real world.
Maybe why every moto gp bike has it

I did not ride v4 - no.

Luca Salvadori did and guess what, he is faster on BMW.

I did not ride v4 - no.

Luca Salvadori did and guess what, he is faster on BMW.
Im sure theres examples of people who are quicker on ducatis but im not even on about that.
Everyone is different, im just saying you cant compare unless youve tried them all, which i have except the new honda of which im not interested in.
Im saying according to nevesey the bmw is the best bike in the world. But like i say he seems very biased.
Of all the bikes ive ridden id say the v4s is definately the best as a standard bike.
Its just living with having your legs and arse baked all the time doesnt seem like fun to me.
Not to mention the price of the bike and a decent exhaust is very high

If you want to learn how every tiny detail affects a bike read Neil Spalding's MotoGP Technology third edition. I would bet my house not only did every factory learn about the other teams bikes but they learnt about their own to. An amazing book and relatively easy to understand. Personally I'd read the second half of the book first then read the first half. You need to understand the technology first to understand the bike's design. They even take moulds of the tarmac of important corners and GPS the complete circuit. J

Back on to the original topic has anyone got any dyno charts to hand so i can compare the s1000 to my r1 please?

Ive found a dyno graph from fast bikes magazine.
It looks pretty impressive.
Compared to my flashed r1 it has more power up to 6000 rpm and tgen my r1 has more midrange and then the s1000 peak power is more.
But i think why im so impressed with my r1 is the torque is more than the s1000 and earlier and over a longer spread of rev range so just feels gruntier.
But the s1000 i tried did not have this power that i saw in the graph. Nowhere near infact.
It was gutless on overtakes untill about 10000 rpm.
Im not sure what was holding it back. I tried different modes but all i really felt was the suspension changing.
Maybe i need to try another.

Right update on this.
Ive just tested it again.
And im still of mixed emotions about it.
I dont know how they read the high torque figures under 9000 coz its got nothing compared to my r1.
My r1 at 4000 pulls so hard that it instantly lifts the front by the time its at 5000 revs.
Im not saying thats a good thing but the pickup is nothing in comparrison.
But it is fuelled very well, much better than any standard bike ive ridden.
It will indeed travel 30mph in 6th and it will pull cleanly out if it.
Mainly because it hasnt got the ferocious snap of power the cross plain crank has in that situation.
Im in 1st or 2nd at 30 on mine!
So this time the bike behaved well, no missed downshifts and it is indeed faster up top than my r1.
The dash is the best in the business.
Not keen on ddc still, but i can get a manual suspenesion version no worries.
But and the biggest but is, the vibes.
Oh my god if your on it then your hands are buzzing like crazy after 10 minutes.
Mechanically noisey too.
Still cant make my mind up.
I kinda want it but i know i need to start work on it as soon as i get it which is putting me off

Back