New tyres for my Gen 4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilko

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question for you guys that may have already replaced your tyres. I have currently got Michelin Power tyres on my bike but they are wearing down now and I?m looking to replace. I am looking at three possible options. Stick with what I have, or replace with Pirelli Supercorsa?s in an SP compound, or Metzeller Racetec RR in a K3 compound. Have any of you guys changed to either of those tyres? If so, what do you think?

I?ll also be interested to hear feedback on this.
on my last few bikes I fitted Dunlop GP Racers in endurance compound which were fantastic on the road abs medium compound on track.

Because I don't live on the track, I do road too, I went from the OE fitted Racetec's to Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsas (not Supercorsa). I've found them to transform the handling of the bike - it turns so much better now, so I can recommend them if you split your time between road and track as opposed to the Supercorsas. If you are mainly track, that's a different thing. Also, I'd heard supercorsa prices have gone through the roof lately (I don't know why, but my dealer mentioned ?500 for a set!).

Interestingly...?.I contacted my local bike shop to order a new rear Michelin Power RS only to be told that they are no longer making the Power RS and that it's been replaced with the Power 5 - I queried this and they contacted their Michelin rep who confirmed that to be the case - the Power 5 looks less 'performance oriented' than the Power RS. Think I'll be going back to the Racetec K3's

Thats right, Power RS and RS plus are one of the best tyres Michelin have produced imo.

I wasn't that impressed with those 5s after that track day yesterday...I won't be buying another set.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

im on second set of m9rr's. in this country and with our weather and road conditions i think there the best compromise. never had any issues with grip in wet or dry.

I am on my 2nd set of RS +, got them for 180 a pair! Only because they have been superseded. Good balance for road and occasional track work. But i will looking for a more focused fast road track tyre next. Maybe a Bridgestone RS11 or possibly look at a Dunlop Sport Smart TT which is meant to be really good.

NOW YER TALKING... ordered two days ago... Yet again Visorshop comes thru ive never had bad service from them, and they always answer the phone...
4f895c2e06f4584c04ece8816e8a4a3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

visor shop has all ways been spot on for me to. in winter months they do really good deals and normally get free gift. last winter i had an optimate 3 which i sold for ?40 so my tyres were cheap.

Back