Tyre pressures

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yogi Bear

Reaction score
Hi

Do you run your rear tyre at 42 psi and 36 psi front?

I've just checked mine as we are doing a ride out to Aberystwyth tomorrow and my pressures are 38 rear and 32 front. these are cold readings.
Should i top up on air?

Also I'm 100kg and i have not adjusted the suspension settings, any ideas on what i should set mine to? as i believe they are set for 85 kilo riders?

Last edited:
Tyre pressures are personal preference. Manufacturers guide is 36f 42r. I generally run my road preesures at 33f and 39r just to give a little more contact. In this heat i would be dropping to 32 38 and see how they go.

Hi Alex, is that right?
when im on track and set 1st session pressure if the temperatures are going up i let air out throughout the day not put in? Aint that the same for the roads trying to keep as near to the 36, 42 when riding?
cheers
Mut

Last edited:
Road riding I?ve been happy with 36f and 36r. Suits me but I am light at 11 1/2 stone fully kitted.

Last edited:
Hi Alex, is that right?
when im on track and set 1st session pressure if the temperatures are going up i let air out throughout the day not put in? Aint that the same for the roads trying to keep as near to the 36, 42 when riding?
cheers
Mut
On track you want contact patch. The riding style is totally different. Time at lean far higher.

On the road you'd have to break the law constantly to generate the heat to create the pressure to reinflate the tyre if you ran track pressures.

34f/39r is what I run in road. Same tyres would be 33f/28r on track off the warmers.

- Alex

I was running with 38 rear and 32 front, this was perfect - however i put the pressures to the recommended settings 42 - 36 and the front of the bike felt twitchy on my trip to Aberystwyth today, lost a bit of confidence with the grip. Back to 38 - 32 for me.

Back