OEM Gen4 throttle on Gen3?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

assenholm

Reaction score
Hi

Crashed my Gen3 (2016) on track and throttle housing etc. broke to pieces.

Been searching eBay for a used Gen3 throttle, but not a lot for sale. I do however see a lot of Gen4 throttles for sale from people building new track bikes, and they seem to be the same as Gen3 by the looks of it.

Anyone know if I can just buy a Gen4 throttle and it will be plug&play on my Gen3?

I also see AlphaRacing's e-throttle will fit both 15-18 and 19-onwards which makes me think it could also work with the Gen4 OEM throttle?

https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/i...4&products_id=23086&cPath=393_1270_1302_1304&

Thanks

They are compatible yes, thats what I got told by TGP, but I never tried myself.

Last edited:
Did I read a post on here that stated that the 15/16 and 17/18 throttles are different? Something to do with fitting the HP4 race throttle ........... worked on the 17/18's but not the earlier Gen 3's?

Did I read a post on here that stated that the 15/16 and 17/18 throttles are different? Something to do with fitting the HP4 race throttle ........... worked on the 17/18's but not the earlier Gen 3's?

+1, I believe this is correct

Yep. The 17/18 uses a different signal from the throttle than the 15/16 model. Hence why we found the HP4 Race throttle wouldn?t work.

Shame :(

Therefore I?d expect the Hen 4 one wouldn?t work on the earlier models either.

Back