Clutch cover torque settings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humptyfish

Reaction score
Does anyone what are or where I can find the torque settings for the clutch cover

Last edited:
Oo i think those are the stretch bolts, single use oem. It is something like 2.5nm and 90 degrees but someone who knows will confirm.

OK
got Myself into trouble
Fitting r&g covers. Removed the wrong bolt. Put it back and it sheared. Panic and despair for 10mins.
Removed the cover and retieved the stud. Replaced cover.

Now I'm stuck then I reckon
:grey:

Clutch Cover Torque Settings

3 Nm plus an additional 90? rotation. However, they are single use OEM stretch bolts. If your fitting engine case covers then the torque setting will differ for the supplied bolts.

Re: Clutch Cover Torque Settings

3 Nm plus an additional 90? rotation. However, they are single use OEM stretch bolts. If your fitting engine case covers then the torque setting will differ for the supplied bolts.

That was second mistake. When I took the wrong bolt out I put it back and used the r&g guide for torque setting not thinking (schoolboy)

Clutch Cover Torque Setting

Easy mistake to make. At least it didn?t result in you having to do a bolt extraction as those are just time consuming.

OK
got Myself into trouble
Fitting r&g covers. Removed the wrong bolt. Put it back and it sheared. Panic and despair for 10mins.
Removed the cover and retieved the stud. Replaced cover.

Now I'm stuck then I reckon
:grey:

I am pretty sure you need to apply sealant to the cover when it is refitted. The ali bolts are sold by the stealer, or you could upgrade to ti/ss engine bolts. I used ti on my hp4 and it took the worry away, the ali boots are very delicate.

Last edited:
Back