Power outage

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humptyfish

Reaction score
About to fit battery optimate fly-lead and a USB charging socket

Anything I should know etc, before i disconnect the battery and reconnect or will everything re-boot fine

thanks
Nigel

Where did you get the USB charging point from and where are you going to mount it please? I fancy doing this before I go on a big tour of Scotland next month

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Ive ordered one off ebay - straight from battery 12v to 5v
was planning to run it up under pillion seat and recharge a battery pack to then use to recharge devices. I dont have a tank bag or plan on mounting a satnav or phone

?before I go on a big tour of Scotland next month?. Hi Ste, i would bring waterproofs and some warm clothing, are you doing the NC500?

Where did you get the USB charging point from and where are you going to mount it please? I fancy doing this before I go on a big tour of Scotland next month

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Be prepared for stone chips on the bike and midgie bites on your body...?.seriously, make sure you get some decent repellent - I was up in Ullapool last weekend and they were terrible

Be prepared for stone chips on the bike and midgie bites on your body...?.seriously, make sure you get some decent repellent - I was up in Ullapool last weekend and they were terrible
Them there midges are no joke....as said prepare!

This year I've thought the Midgies haven't been as badass as usual, think it depends where you hang about.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

As above, I did the NC500 in a car a few years ago and pretty much the whole way we could hear all the stone and chippings hitting the arches. I imagine it would wreck unprotected paint work. I would look into some paint protection film if you haven't already got some.

Back