Dyno time

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsijay

Reaction score
Hi guys
Well I thought I would book the gen 3 RR sport in for a dyno run on the 22nd of August wot figures are the 2018 stock gen 3 running? Are the bike's like the cars run more power than bmw claim? Will Post the results on the 22nd.......

Think mine was 180 ish with an Akrapovic Evolution system and standard fuelling/ECU, on Simons Dyno at Race Engineering in Essex.

The BMW claim is at the crank, so expect 10-15 % loss at the back wheel.

Every dyno reads differently, and depending on what scale is used the numbers can vary considerably.
What?s most important, is the shape of the curves and your air fuel ratio

Last edited:
My 15 plate with pc5, fuel module and 65mm akro downpipes with Arrow GP can tuned at Race Engineering made 191 on his dyno. Had it on Velocity tunings dyno and it made 199 so happy with the figures

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Dyno Power Run

My Gen 3 produced the following figures:

OEM Exhaust System with Akrapovic Slip-on: 191 Bhp
HP Race Power Kit (Akrapovic Full Exhaust System): 195 Bhp

That said I wouldn?t be overly concerned with peak power figures as they are largely irrelevant anyway.

my gen 3 with engine 1 was 214 at wheel (motorad motor),and with engine 2 197.,stock motor but quite a few other mods,airbox,exhaust,rck s/w.

tbh it's more a willy waving thing,power delivery is the big thing,smooth,consistant with plenty grunt.

my gen 3 with full system and pcv and dynoed by Tony @HM racing made 206, I then stuck it on a dyno last year on my way home from IOMTT at Cannons BMW Dyno open day and made 203 as a comparison.

Bike done 19,000 miles

mine's a gen 1 with full akra, k&N, PCv and custom map from steve jordan, 198.5, compares with 175 and 165 on the same dyno for my GSXR 1000 k8 and k6 with cans and map

I'm getting a gen 2 in a months time. Its been decatted with a bmc airfilter. Who should I go to for the best results please and should I really get a akra system?

Here are the results for the power and torque measured at the wheel pre and post ECU remapping.
Bike is Gen 3 (2018 model), has the Akrapovich full Titanium evolution exhaust system and a K&N road air filter.

100% Throttle.jpg

Pretty impressive I'd say and am very pleased with it, performs and responds incredibly well.

Back