Helio from Luthuania

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewbieOnS1000RR

Reaction score
Hello there,

Greetings from Lithuania. I?ve got my S1000RR about 3 months ago in Red color. Actually I?ve bought it as my first (one can say beginner) bike, and I have collected it from the dealer even before I?ve past a motorcyclist driving test... Loaded on the trailer of course. ;)

Now I have done a bit more than 2k kilometers on it, I am fine and the bike is sound as a pound too! No worries here!

Though I am having a bit of a problem with my bike. Namely I had ?Fault in engine control?, ?Engine fault? messages making an appearance several times. Went back to dealer as the bike is on warranty and had them check it. The first error was due to mismatch of values shown by throttle handle sensor and throttle motor (operating throttle bodies I guess), second was due to lambda sensor.

The dealer had performed cleaning of engine control unit electrical contact pins twice in the period of two weeks. To no avail, errors keeps coming back. Now they are in the contact with BMW as to what do next...

Maybe someone else here had similar issues, would be very interesting to hear them!

Cheers Everyone!

Hello and welcome, such a shame to have suffered initial niggles, all will be resolved shortly I am certain. Brave decision for first bike I must admit, stay lucky. :lemo:

Hang on .. 1st bike before even passing your test lol... had to reread that again ... kinda glad your typing this after 2k, proves your still alive.. hope you get it sorted, take it easy..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!

I am sorry to hear you?ve experienced issues with your S1000RR. I hope your dealer is able to resolve the issue very soon.

Congratulations on getting your motorcycle licence.
All I shall say is that I highly, wholly recommend you undertake some advanced motorcycle training, as it will make you safer and I guarantee you?ll enjoy riding the bike more too. I wish I did advanced training as soon as I passed my test!

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information

Back