Isle of Wight Road Race confirmed for October 2021

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me a lot of Dundrod...... Fast and should great racing but October? Was this date planned by someone who lives in the UAE? Yes we can have the occasional nice spell in October but generally it's cold and wet plus the wrong sort of leaves on the line... sorry road. Not being a negative nelly here but come on. I live a few miles from the Isle of Wight and I hope it's a massive success like the IOM, but the IOW isn't continually full of festivals. I know they have to fit into the road racing season but I'm sure they could do August as generally that's the quiet period for the Road Racers. J

I was thinking that, October is when most people start putting their bikes away :/

Whether or not it finally goes ahead, my daughter has booked return ferry tickets Lymington to Yarmouth, and accommodation for the both of us. ??

Last edited:
I live here and not getting my hopes up. They've sent letters out to residents so I'm waiting for the fall. We had the world MX championships here about 10 years ago. A few complaints from the nearby village and it was stopped. Place is full of mainlanders with holiday homes or people moved over to retire and don't like anything that disrups their lives. The course could be bigger and better, maybe if its held and successful it could grow.

And a lot of the roads are in shocking condition.

Whether or not it finally goes ahead, my daughter has booked return ferry tickets Lymington to Yarmouth, and accommodation for the both of us. ??
I see where your from and you might have crossed that way. But I'd be booking Portsmouth crossing, more reliable. That route is always cancelled

I see where your from and you might have crossed that way. But I'd be booking Portsmouth crossing, more reliable. That route is always cancelled

It?s my preferred crossing as prior to COVID I was travelling to the Isle of Wight every other Tuesday and over many years not been let down. I?ve obviously been lucky, but additionally I like Yarmouth for whitebait and chips and on the way back, crab or lobster at the New Inn in Shalfleet. Additionally I loathe the ride or drive to Portsmouth. WightLink staff are also very friendly in my experience. It would be good to meet up over your way sometime GF.

It?s my preferred crossing as prior to COVID I was travelling to the Isle of Wight every other Tuesday and over many years not been let down. I?ve obviously been lucky, but additionally I like Yarmouth for whitebait and chips and on the way back, crab or lobster at the New Inn in Shalfleet. Additionally I loathe the ride or drive to Portsmouth. WightLink staff are also very friendly in my experience. It would be good to meet up over your way sometime GF.

Yeah I know its a pain getting to Pompey from that neck of the woods. Yeah sure thing when you come over. I don't ride on the roads, I live in Cowes, more than welcome to pop in for a brew and chin wag.

Whatever happens, I still think it'll make good high octane viewing even on TV, so personally I say good on them. Seem like co-ordinators have managed to secure a 10 year deal with the local council, so they mean business.

Abit late alright.

But a 12 mile circuit you can use wets. A 37 mile wets don't last a race distance.

So in theory it being wet matters little

I'm from just beside the Dundrod track, and for alot of years I've sat in the rain/fog/freezing cold for hours waiting on racing to happen, in the middle of August. And it's delay after delay due to rider safety. The first section through alot of the double hedge rows on the IOW will have the race Postponed if its quite wet or deffinatly leafy.
Quarterlands corner at dundrod is one of the only parts of the track that really over hang with trees, and it's kept well ontop of in dodgy weather. Looks like a great circuit though and would be good fun with the roads closed

Back