Next Year Colour is Black

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only versions I like are the lupin and acid green. But, as said I think the rest of them expected to be replaced with race fairings. I?ve got, not through choice, a Matt black/white version. Never seen one of them before! The insides of the fairing are a patchwork of other colours fresh from the factory. I can only assume that it was a factory special and was given to the apprentice to design and practice on!

Really? I?m not doubting you.

Really? I?m not doubting you.
yep! Honest, I wasn?t looking for one, it just came up as a good deal. It has 4/50 on the tank. Probably a stock clearance special gen3 when the gen4 was announced.

I wish BMW were... A bit more imaginative and bold with their colours and with their multi coloured bike like the M Sport, stop using decals. In this day and age a good paint finish is easier and cheaper than decals. The decals are applied by hand at the factory in Germany. It just makes the bike look .... er.... cheap. No clear coat either. For gods sake I've seem more imaginative paint jobs from British Leyland in the 70's. For the youngster's on the forum... everything was various shades of Brown in the 70's including your underwear if you sampled the brakes on bikes any the time. Here's the only bold colour release for the S1000RR

I'm definitely in a moaning mood today... Must be the heat. :smile-new: J

View attachment 5447
This has nothing to do with BMW.

Boring colors (black) is what customers keep requesting.

This has nothing to do with BMW.

Boring colors (black) is what customers keep requesting.
I always ask for black if there?s a choice, I like the look of the blue and green, but I?m trying not to draw attention to myself when hooning down the road on our busy and policed roads. The stealth option if you like.

https://8ballcustompaintwork.co.uk/manufacturer-factory-orders/
here it is, my curiosity led me to this find. Looks like it was a UK custom paint job from new.

Yeah as @alex mentioned it was Bmw Uk who commissioned 100 bike to be painted by 8 ball. 50 in Matt Black/Red and 50 in Blue/White. I had number 17 of 50 in the blue and what a paint scheme it was.
3b2f025350cb7adecc5c4408f248c07b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back