Next Year Colour is Black

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schua2007

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, just been at a dealership today and overheard the staff referring to an email last night from BMW. Next year's RR will be available in black. I chatted to the guys as they knew I heard and they believe Hockenheim Silver will remain, black will replace red and M Sport continue.

RR in black could be stunning, what's the pc value of an M Sport? :)

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

Paint is such an easy thing to change, I don't know why they limit it so much. Should be a case in this day and age that you can order any colour you like.

Black will sell well.

I agree, I'm hoping it won't be solid black, perhaps like the 2017 Gen 3 with grey/black which in my opinion is still the prettiest bike I've owned!

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

I strongly agree black and grey is the best colour combination so far [emoji1]
be2921acbf3d9ba8d70515ab465998ef.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The Red is so nice though, it does need a livery to break it up a bit, hence I prefer motorsport colours

BMW S 1000 RR.

New paint finish Black storm metallic. Racing Red non-metallic:

Changeover to EU-5.

New optional equipment: Sports silencer*.

New optional equipment: M titanium exhaust system*.

New optional equipment: M milled parts package**, M clutch lever protector, M brake lever protector, M folding brake lever, M folding clutch lever, M engine protectors, M rider footrest system left/right.

New optional equipment: Sports package***. M Endurance chain, USB charging port and M GPS lap trigger.

New optional equipment: USB charging port.

New optional equipment: M Endurance chain.

New optional equipment: M GPS Laptrigger***. Activation code to enable a GPS sensor to send the signal to the instrument cluster. This allows the data-logger to trigger the lap timer/lap counter via GPS instead of manually.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/glob...del-revision-measures-for-the-model-year-2021

So Red still exists and seems they're doing the car sales type thing where they're offering bundle packages etc..

Endurance chain? so a decent one finally.

Black + GPS Laptrigger...yay - where do I sign?

So Red still exists and seems they're doing the car sales type thing where they're offering bundle packages etc..

Nope. BBB's first line should read "New paint finish Black storm metallic. Racing Red non-metallic is dropped."

Loving the black, still tempted to have any new RR I buy painted Blue Fire though... was tempted by the one Bahnstormer did a few months back...

Ah ok, so that's been updated since this morning as it didn't read like that earlier. Quite similar to what they did with the Gen 3 and then re-introduced Red later in a different combo. Glad when I got mine then, as Red is the colour for me that I love. Good that they're making colours that suits everyones preference, but as Alex said, one should be able to spec any colour in this day and age!

I wish BMW were... A bit more imaginative and bold with their colours and with their multi coloured bike like the M Sport, stop using decals. In this day and age a good paint finish is easier and cheaper than decals. The decals are applied by hand at the factory in Germany. It just makes the bike look .... er.... cheap. No clear coat either. For gods sake I've seem more imaginative paint jobs from British Leyland in the 70's. For the youngster's on the forum... everything was various shades of Brown in the 70's including your underwear if you sampled the brakes on bikes any the time. Here's the only bold colour release for the S1000RR

I'm definitely in a moaning mood today... Must be the heat. :smile-new: J

ea756b6552db3cd35b41d79dc032d23c.jpg

Last edited:
LOL... even the GS 310 is more imaginative. Maybe they think the average age group of S1000RR riders only like boring paint like greyish. :glee:

I'll step away from the keyboard now....

06e7ec017cb63324d8794815cf64e819.jpg

The only versions I like are the lupin and acid green. But, as said I think the rest of them expected to be replaced with race fairings. I?ve got, not through choice, a Matt black/white version. Never seen one of them before! The insides of the fairing are a patchwork of other colours fresh from the factory. I can only assume that it was a factory special and was given to the apprentice to design and practice on!

Back