Hello from Kent

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toiletduck

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been out of riding for a while and I'm looking for a RR with the BMW quickshifter (I think this was added in 2016?). I'm keen to see what's on the for sale section of the forum but equally if anyone knows of a well priced bike listed somewhere else I'm all ears!

Cheers!

Terry.

Hi Terry,
The shift assist on up shifts has always been there. The downshifting side was added with the Gen3 in 2015...along with the new front fairings design.

Good luck with the search.

- Alex

Hi Terry,
The shift assist on up shifts has always been there. The downshifting side was added with the Gen3 in 2015...along with the new front fairings design.

Good luck with the search.

- Alex

Interesting thank you!

It's the up and down I'm looking for, I believe you can tell easily by the stock exhaust (if it has one) with the two pipes merging as it goes into the can.

I think I need admin approval before I can check out the classifieds for anything suitable, hopefully I'll be a member and owner soon!

Twin pipes are the euro 4, 17-18 models. Gen3.5 if you like.

On mobile atm will change your membership shortly.

- Alex

Welcome Terry
Good luck with your search.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum Terry!

Best of luck with your search, I hope you?re onboard your ideal RR in the near future [emoji846]

What sort of riding do you enjoy and what is your motorcycling history?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.

Welcome to the forum Terry!

Best of luck with your search, I hope you?re onboard your ideal RR in the near future [emoji846]

What sort of riding do you enjoy and what is your motorcycling history?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information

The only sports bike experience I have is a race school day on a 600, I loved it! I've always wanted a sports bike but it didn't make sense as I used to do 500 miles a week for work on my last bike. That was a few years ago now, so I'm looking forward to something a bit more focused.

I test rode a 2015 RR last weekend and put a deposit down, there's a few marks on it that the dealer is sorting out before collection... Very much looking forward to getting out on it and enjoying the English countryside once again!!

On the test ride I built up slowly as I've not ridden for a while, but it's such an intuitive bike - I gave it a bit of a wind on some back roads and made it to 10k RPM before bottling it, all I can say about the power is wow. It builds up so fast I've never felt anything like it! I'm planning to video my progress and getting familiar with it. I should have videoed the test ride but to be honest I was more concerned with concentrating on not doing something stupid like dropping it at low speed. But as it turns out, riding a motorcycle is just like riding a bike :dog::dog::dog:

Back