Rear suspension creaking noise

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B33fys

Reaction score
Hi guys, my 2020 s1000rr has done about 1500 miles now. There?s a clicking / creaking noise coming from around the rear shocker I think when you bounce your weight on the rider seat. Anyone else had this kind of issue? I?m thinking it might be some bolts that need re torqued or something. Hmm

My Gen3?s seat makes a sound you could be describing. Now you?ve got some k?s on the bike maybe things have settled in and rubbing a bit?
Just putting that out there as a possibility...

Yeah maybe just things settling in. When the bike is cold it doesn?t make the noise. My gen 3 had same issue and had to get new bushes between swing arm and frame. When the gen 3 was hot put the bike on the stand and pull the bike over taking some weight off the rear tyre and the bushes would creak. Lol. Soft S***e

It drives me mad that all manufacturers build bikes ?dry? now i.e no grease other than steering head bearings and sometimes that can be minimal. The first thing I do when buying an new bike is to lube all the important bits ie suspension/swinging arm and axles.

It drives me mad that all manufacturers build bikes ?dry? now i.e no grease other than steering head bearings and sometimes that can be minimal. The first thing I do when buying an new bike is to lube all the important bits ie suspension/swinging arm and axles.

So BMW don?t put any grease on any of the bushes etc?

My gen3 was greaseless from new, most dealers will white molylube the axles when tyres are changed. My Blade and Deauville were dry as well. The last bike I had from new that was properly greased was my Ducati 1098S. J

My bike have a similar sound. Metallic "knoks" sound when sitting on a bike. When I lift the bike from the rear cage and press a little on the saddle there will be one hard knock/click sound close up rear shock absorber. Perhaps bushings?

Pretty much all bikes are built dry now ie no grease apart from steering head bearings. Most suspension linkages are a bolt in a sleeve which slides into the bearing inner. They don?t feel the need to lube as that combination will outlast the warranty. Drives me mad. J

Last edited:
Back