Stalling - Me or the bike?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, 160 mile round trip with mostly motorway, some twisty and some town riding.

No stalling this time but there was a bit of fuelling stumbling on a couple of occasions when riding slowly through heavy traffic on the M25. The actual temperature was 20/21 and the 'In air' reading stayed mostly around 25 but did go up to 27 at one point. Not sure if this is enough difference to trigger the issue?

It isn't uncommon for the external temp reading to be high particularly when in slow moving traffic as the lack of air flow will have that effect. I don't think that difference in temp reading to ambient is significant enough to cause fuelling issues, if it was faulty then yes.

I would monitor it for a few more days and see how it goes. If the problem returns then it would be workshop time.

Forgot to come back to this - the problem stopped. No idea whether there was some dirt in the fuel system, an intermittent fault that righted itself, or I just learnt to ride a bike properly but hey, I'll take good luck where I find it! :eek:

Back