Arrrghhh.... Stone chip!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countcatula

Reaction score
Hi all

After a spirited ride this happened, gutted... BMW want nearly ?60 smackaroonies just for the decal on the offside front fairing!!! Anyone know somewhere that will do it a tad cheaper... Also what PPF do you recommend as I can't help but look at it and sigh!

I am having the bike ceramic coated next week so want to get it ready for that.

Cheers thanks in advance, I appreciate that it was always going to happen but it just dents me a bit....
0b46837d9823aa63459e1e8267c1cdca.jpg
ac612d0365450158ac3e17787bbc0a30.jpg
c4f52f593f7667313ea6ff1287db979f.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

As said BMW for decal for perfect match. Your best getting it PPF?d (I?d go for Xpel) then ceramic coated.

If you take the decal off first, any good printer should be able to scan and redo that piece for you.

I would forget the ceramic coating and get film protection if reducing damage is your aim, CC is for looks, it wont stop a stone impact.

If you take the decal off first, any good printer should be able to scan and redo that piece for you.

I would forget the ceramic coating and get film protection if reducing damage is your aim, CC is for looks, it wont stop a stone impact.
Cheers, I am getting the ceramic coating FOC, as they want to use my bike for their promo video

Any technique to removing the decal?

Got my ventureshield full kit from Tony James designs and had it fitted at invisifilm in Middlewitch.Had it ceramic coated after pleased with the result not the cheapest but I know I would of messed it up doing it myself.

yes I?ve used Steve for years. Highly recommended

Ask him if the the kit is XPEL or Ventureshield.

Well worth paying extra for Xpel.
That?s good to know for the future plus a recommendation to boot, as they?re only 25 miles or so along the coast from me.

Thanks only problem is is that is is lacquered over the top

No they have not lacquired over the stickers on the s1000RR Motorsport, which I thibk makes it like cheap.

Last edited:
Thanks only problem is is that is is lacquered over the top

sorry, your right, only the seat ones arnt, well your stuffed then.lol its either leave it, new panel or new decals over the top on both sides and ppf. try some of the race bike builders that have stripped bikes. might find a new s/h one.

sorry, your right, only the seat ones arnt, well your stuffed then.lol its either leave it, new panel or new decals over the top on both sides and ppf. try some of the race bike builders that have stripped bikes. might find a new s/h one.
I am getting the sticker for ?58.50 from BMW. Then am getting the old one removed and relaquered over the top. I did go and see Hicky today but his stock bikes are only selling the whole panels as one job lot not individual panels. It is great having Hickman in my town!

Back