Motorrad Connected App (annoying)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank-RR

Reaction score
Hi Guys, can anyone give me some advice/pointers, the app was sort of working ok for the last couple of weeks, now the last 4 trips, it is not showing phone or media, it connects to Nav, shows my location on the map and can be set for a journey. I have not altered any settings relating to the app on my iPhone 8.

had the 600 mile service last Friday, I can't say 100% it has happened since then!

I have software version 001-119-170, not sure if that makes any difference.

cheers

Hi Frank, after my RIS I had some connectivity issues because they do remap the bike while it's in, so I suspect it may cause some software issues. What I did was disconnect the device connection from my phone and created a fresh connection from the BMW TFT screen and since then not had any connection issues, so try that if you haven't already.

Also, the BMW Connected Drive app seems to have been recently updated taking on feedback from customers, so make sure you have the latest version on your phone too.

Hey Schuey, i uninstalled the app, i got the new version when i downloaded it again, on phone and bike I uninstalled both, phone and helmet, reinstalled, now all seems to be working, fingers crossed, just need to get out there now

cheeers

I don't have my Gen 4 yet; scheduled to be built during August. But can someone give me the Dummies Guide to the Connected App? How does it work? What does it do? Do you need to keep headphones plugged in? (I always use earplugs and usually turn the phone off).

I had the same problem after my 600 mile service. I reset through the app then re-paired to the bike and it's all working again.

Hi Guys, just another point on the app, that isn?t working after reinstall etc, it is not showing the ?speed limit? for the road i am travelling on, the ?white box? only shows 3 black dashes. It did work previously

Is the app talking to the bike? Does it show the current status, etc.? Does it have permission to access location when in the background?

Is the app talking to the bike? Does it show the current status, etc.? Does it have permission to access location when in the background?

Hi Andy, yes, all other functions, Nav, Media, phone etc working, just the speed of road has stopped, the iPhone is set for app to access "while using app", do you think that may be the problem?

Hi Andy, yes, all other functions, Nav, Media, phone etc working, just the speed of road has stopped, the iPhone is set for app to access "while using app", do you think that may be the problem?

Yup. Needs to be always to work properly in my experience.

Sorry guys, back on this app again, it is all still connecting, however, the music is not playing through headset(Cardo SHO-1), i can select on TFT the desired track, playlist.....etc, it shows on the TFT that it is playing , but there is no sound form headset, ive looked at iphone settings, the limited settings on the TFT and Cardo, but not seeing anything that needs turned off or turned on.

im not a Techy, but not sure about this A2DP format.

Latest posts

Back